Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DownThemAll

2 posters

Go down

DownThemAll Empty DownThemAll

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Hey Tex (or any other tech savvy members), I've tried repeatedly to get dTa to download all pics on a given page and all I ever get are useless files that aren't the pics, and it's the same file over and over. I forget what extension it has, so if you need to know that, I'll have to run it again and find out.

Anyway, if you could tell me how this damn program works I be most appreciative.

dblboggie
dblboggie

DownThemAll Senmem10

Back to top Go down

DownThemAll Empty Re: DownThemAll

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:57 pm

It might be that you need to check and make sure it's set to grab those images. Look at my screen and see if those boxes at the bottom are checked. Also, look to see if the renaming mask is set as you see in my screen.
DownThemAll Downthemall.th
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

DownThemAll Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Also, at the top, you'll see two categories. One being Links and the other Pictures and Embedded. Sometimes one has to look at which one you have clicked. But I think your problem might be the check boxes and renaming mask.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

DownThemAll Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 pm

No, it's not that, I have it set to collect images.
dblboggie
dblboggie

DownThemAll Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:05 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Also, at the top, you'll see two categories. One being Links and the other Pictures and Embedded. Sometimes one has to look at which one you have clicked. But I think your problem might be the check boxes and renaming mask.

I'll have to check that top setting.
dblboggie
dblboggie

DownThemAll Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Without see what you're looking at when before you try to run it, I don't know if I can come up with a reason. Check this out and see if anything applies.
http://www.downthemall.net/howto/help/english-menu/ If not, I'd uninstall it via Firefox extension manager and then reinstall it.

Make sure you have the latest version of DTA
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

DownThemAll Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Nope... that wasn't it. It was closer, but all I got were the thumbnails from the hosting site...
dblboggie
dblboggie

DownThemAll Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:22 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Without see what you're looking at when before you try to run it, I don't know if I can come up with a reason. Check this out and see if anything applies.
http://www.downthemall.net/howto/help/english-menu/ If not, I'd uninstall it via Firefox extension manager and then reinstall it.

Make sure you have the latest version of DTA

I've never been able to get it to work. It seems to stop at the thumbnails and doesn't dig down and get the associated full-sized pics.

Before I upgraded FF, I had a left-button context menu item that read something like "get all pics on page" or something like that and I would just hit that and blammo, I'd get all the pics on the page perfectly... that disappeared when I upgraded and now I can't download a damn thing with this crappy dTa which doesn't download anything but shit I don't want.

What plugin do you use?
dblboggie
dblboggie

DownThemAll Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:41 pm

I don't use a plugin. I use DTA. If you're getting thumbs, you're not looking at the other side at the top.

At the top (in my pic for instance) it says Links (46) and Pictures and Embedded (35). In each of those you can look to see what's automatically checked. Go look there and see. It sounds like you're halfway there.

Otherwise, try http://imagehost-grabber.com/
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

DownThemAll Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Here's a screen grab... perhaps this will give you more clues as to my problem...

DownThemAll 2rejvvl
dblboggie
dblboggie

DownThemAll Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:03 pm

I don't see a problem. One thing I just read is when images are on a "container" page. That's when the image is on a separate html page from the host site. Sometimes one can click a jpeg and it opens as a standalone image. ImageShack uses container pages. There's a way around that but it involves editing the rules in DTA.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

DownThemAll Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 pm

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

DownThemAll Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:27 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I don't see a problem. One thing I just read is when images are on a "container" page. That's when the image is on a separate html page from the host site. Sometimes one can click a jpeg and it opens as a standalone image. ImageShack uses container pages. There's a way around that but it involves editing the rules in DTA.
"container pages" ???

Here's another screen grab...

DownThemAll 28swjnr

it shows the url of the website I'm trying to grab from. You can see that the url goes from http to http://thumbnails...

The site is Imagebam... do they use these "container pages" whatever those are?

And what edits would I need to make to dTa rules to fix this? Just in case you know.
dblboggie
dblboggie

DownThemAll Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:35 pm

When you click one of those images (imagebam for instance), it opens a new link and that page is an ImagBam page. The image is on there. That's why all you get is thumbnails because you're grabbing just the images from the SP page itself.

Try that image host grabber link a few posts up. It'll grab almost anything even when they're on container pages.

Understand what a container page is now? You click an image and the link opens in another tab (or window) and that opened link is at the hosts page with the image on it. They do that to keep people from using mass downloader things like DTA.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

DownThemAll Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum