Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry

2 posters

Go down

Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry Empty Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:12 am

Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry Article-1297290726281-0D1B1A37000005DC-693171_636x364

He repeatedly called the owner ‘sir’, said he appreciated the loot and promised to return it if he could.

The 65-year-old did brandish a handgun during the heist at a petrol station but was mindful enough to say ‘please’ when he made the request for the till contents.

After buying a cup of coffee at the shop in Seattle, Washington, CCTV footage captured Hess discreetly producing his handgun and asking owner John Henry: ‘Could you do me a favour – could you empty that till for me, please?’

When Mr Henry asked what was going on, he added: ‘I’m robbing you, sir.’ The owner then asked Hess if he was sure he wanted to rob him and asked him why he was doing it.

‘Because I need the money,’ Hess answered apologetically. ‘I have kids that need to be fed, sir. I’m really sorry to have to do this.’

When Mr Henry offered him $40 (£25) Hess declined and asked for all the money in the till – about $300. Before Hess took his leave he added: ‘Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. And I’m sorry. And if I ever get back on my feet again, sir, I’ll bring it back.’

Afterwards, Mr Henry said he had been robbed several times but had never felt sorry for the criminal until now.

Hess was arrested on Monday. It remains to be seen whether a judge will be as forgiving as Mr Henry...

(video included on the link)

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/855101-meet-gregory-hess-the-polite-robber-who-was-arrested-after-saying-sorry#ixzz1DkIXpHpx

Personally, I would have offered him a job.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry Empty Re: Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry

Post by TexasBlue Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:24 pm

ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Meet Gregory Hess the polite robber who was arrested after saying sorry Admin210

Back to top Go down