Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Marley

3 posters

:: General :: Music

Go down

Bob Marley Empty Bob Marley

Post by TexasBlue Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Live Forever: The Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh PA September 23, 1980 [2 CD Deluxe Edition]

Bob Marley 513dkk10

Recorded 30 years ago while Marley was touring in support of his album Uprising, Live Forever is Bob Marley's last recorded concert. This never before released audio collection offers an incredible snapshot of one of music's most influential performers.

Live Forever: The Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA, September 23, 1980 is a 2CD/3LP/digital collection that features many of Bob's most cherished songs, and is available for the first time on February 1, 2011. This unforgettable concert contains unique performances of "No Woman No Cry," "Jammin'," and "Is This Love," to name a few, and depicts a musical innovator and inspiration to people of many cultures and generations. This spectacular audio documentary Live Forever, also immortalizes the last song Marley ever performed live in concert: "Get Up Stand Up," his rally cry for equality.

The momentous occasion captured on Live Forever is now available on 2CD/3LP/digital, for the benefit of all who missed their first opportunity to attend that magical evening. Marley's influence on today's musical landscape and his continuous worldwide appeal is still evident today. And his legacy and message carry on.

Uprising's most notable song, "Redemption Song," is featured on this extraordinary release and has been covered by everyone from Rihanna and the Dave Matthews Band to Stevie Wonder and Chris Cornell. His hits compilation, Legend, has also spent an astonishing 1,000 weeks on the Billboard catalog chart sitting at #1 for 110 of those weeks. The celebration of Marley's work continues as Legend gets the video game treatment and is available for download as part of the best-selling Rock Band series. The Marley family also plans to commemorate Bob Marley and his legacy with other celebratory events throughout the year in 2011.

Disc one

1. Greetings
2. Natural Mystic
3. Positive Vibration
4. Burnin' Lootin'
5. Them Belly Full
6. The Heathen
7. Running Away
8. Crazy Baldhead
9. War/No More Trouble
10. Zimbabwe
11. Zion Train
12. No Woman No Cry

Disc two

1. Jamming
2. Exodus
3. Redemption Song
4. Coming in from the Cold
5. Could You Be Loved
6. Is This Love
7. Work
8. Get Up Stand Up

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Forever-Stanley-Pittsburgh-September/dp/B0042KZJ46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297996511&sr=1-1
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Bob Marley Admin210

Back to top Go down

Bob Marley Empty Re: Bob Marley

Post by TexasBlue Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Just for you, Bubbles! Thumbs Up
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Bob Marley Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Bubblebliss: Thanks for posting this, Tex.

TexasBlue: No problem. I know how much you like him.

Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Bob Marley Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:19 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Bubblebliss: Thanks for posting this, Tex.

Big Grin

ROFL ROFL

Sorry, Tex, I guess I missed this. I should look into these sections a little more.
Thanks for posting it though. I'm coming back to the US to visit my parents for a week and this CD definitely just made it to the top of my "to buy" list! I have a couple of his live DVDs and I think he was one of the best live performers there is. The way he gets into his music and presents it to the audience, nobody else has ever been able to duplicate.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Bob Marley Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Bubblebliss: Thanks for posting this, Tex.

Big Grin

ROFL ROFL

Sorry, Tex, I guess I missed this. I should look into these sections a little more.
Thanks for posting it though. I'm coming back to the US to visit my parents for a week and this CD definitely just made it to the top of my "to buy" list! I have a couple of his live DVDs and I think he was one of the best live performers there is. The way he gets into his music and presents it to the audience, nobody else has ever been able to duplicate.

Maybe you should check these two tips so you don't ever miss anything.

https://superiorpolitics.forumotion.com/t894-view-posts-since-last-visit

https://superiorpolitics.forumotion.com/t898-view-most-recent-posts

I knew you liked the guy, so I figured this would be a must-have disc.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Bob Marley Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I normally do use those, but I haven't in the past couple of months... now that I think about it, I don't know why I haven't used them. Gotta start doing that again.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Bob Marley Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm

And yes, this is a must have. One of my goals is to have all Bob Marley albums on vinyl records. I used to collect CDs, but there's jus something about records that just makes them that much more attractive for collecting than CDs. At least for artists that performed before the time of the CD.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Bob Marley Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
I normally do use those, but I haven't in the past couple of months... now that I think about it, I don't know why I haven't used them. Gotta start doing that again.

That's how I browse in here, using that. Once in awhile a post slips by doing that. Also, when one logs out, it resets it to zero.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Bob Marley Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
And yes, this is a must have. One of my goals is to have all Bob Marley albums on vinyl records. I used to collect CDs, but there's jus something about records that just makes them that much more attractive for collecting than CDs. At least for artists that performed before the time of the CD.

This one isn't available on vinyl... yet.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Bob Marley Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:32 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:

I used to have all Marley's albums in vinyl many moons ago, plus a ton of other reggae and ska artists, some that were demo disks for radio station play only... lost them in one of my many, many moves... Bob Marley 2612f6f
dblboggie
dblboggie

Bob Marley Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: Music

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum