Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THAT was a Close Call!!!!

3 posters

Go down

THAT was a Close Call!!!! Empty THAT was a Close Call!!!!

Post by dblboggie Wed May 25, 2011 10:26 pm

The power's now back.... at last!!!!

My little burgh just got hit with a WORLD class thunder, lightning, HIGH wind, sideways rain and HAIL that was freaking 3in's in diameter and being blown out of the sky like freaking BULLETS!!!!!!!

I've NEVER seen anything like this in my life!!!! I thought I was a gonner there for a second! The sound of the hail against my (very sturdy) double-paned windows and the roof was deafening!!! I couldn't here anything but the wind and the thundering sound of hail beating my poor abode to death... Snicker

The trees and plants look like someone took a giant weed whacker to them. Thankfully my 3 lone neighbors had their cars in the garage (as did I). But one of them lost a bunch of windows on the west side of their house. And my sister's cars sustained damage - one with windows out and all with a lot of dents.

And the ground-to-ground lightning was almost as much of a threat! There were bolts coming down everywhere! I had a bolt come down 30 yards from where I was standing and I could hear the damn thing actually make an electrical crackle as it made contact with the tree!!!! And the crack that followed almost made me deaf!!!!!! I nearly jumped out of my skin!!!!! ROFL

Wow! That was one freaky, freaky storm! And I just heard on the news that my county (and my rural area especially) and one other were the two hardest hit by this storm out of all the counties around us. That's a first for me. We're usually the ones that always get missed. Go figure.
dblboggie
dblboggie

THAT was a Close Call!!!! Senmem10

Back to top Go down

THAT was a Close Call!!!! Empty Re: THAT was a Close Call!!!!

Post by BubbleBliss Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 am

I experienced a couple of storms like that back in KY.
The extreme weather conditions are one thing I do not miss about the US...
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

THAT was a Close Call!!!! Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu May 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Sunny and 59° here. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

THAT was a Close Call!!!! Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down