Same-sex marriage

 :: Main :: Social Issues

Go down

Same-sex marriage

Post by TheNextPrez2012 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:37 pm

I find it to be funny that these politicians say that marriage should be between a male and female

I got an idea--let's take a male KKK member and a black female...that should last for a while, eh?
The thing these politicians forget is that marriage is based on love and not just gender.

Oh, And another thing:
Since when do male-female marriage traditions blend with political issues because that whole marriage thing is Biblical based and the church-state thing should take effect!
avatar
TheNextPrez2012




Back to top Go down

Re: Same-sex marriage

Post by TexasBlue on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:16 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I find it to be funny that these politicians say that marriage should be between a male and female

The politicians should just STFU and mind their own business.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I got an idea--let's take a male KKK member and a black female...that should last for a while, eh?

Ain't gonna happen. What you suggest is forced which wouldn't happen either.

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:The thing these politicians forget is that marriage is based on love and not just gender.



TheNextPrez2012 wrote:Oh, And another thing:
Since when do male-female marriage traditions blend with political issues because that whole marriage thing is Biblical based and the church-state thing should take effect!

It blends with political issues because liberals and conservatives make it a political issue. It's actually a social issue but it transcends to politics because politicians can't mind their own fuqqin' business.
avatar
TexasBlue




Back to top Go down

Re: Same-sex marriage

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:42 pm

It makes me laugh when religious types bang on about gay marriage as if their religion and their god invented marriage when it goes back much further than monotheism.

I guess those Old Kingdom Egypt marriages were living in sin without the official Jesus Stamp of Approval (TM)
avatar
The_Amber_Spyglass




http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Same-sex marriage

Post by dblboggie on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:18 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:It makes me laugh when religious types bang on about gay marriage as if their religion and their god invented marriage when it goes back much further than monotheism.

I guess those Old Kingdom Egypt marriages were living in sin without the official Jesus Stamp of Approval (TM)

All you say is quite true. However, it's probably worth pointing out that states preceding monotheists weren't exactly sanctioning same sex marriages either. Sure, homosexuality was hardly on the down-low at various times in ancient societies, but I don't recall any of them giving state blessings on gay marriage.

Of course, I could be wrong. In which case I expect you'll have some information on this Matt. Big Grin
avatar
dblboggie




Back to top Go down

Re: Same-sex marriage

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: Main :: Social Issues

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum