Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast milk baby

2 posters

:: Main :: Social Issues

Go down

Breast milk baby Empty Breast milk baby

Post by TexasBlue Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Short take: Breast milk baby

Chicago Tribune Editorial
August 1, 2011

First there was Chatty Cathy, the baby doll who said "I love you" (or one of 10 other phrases) when a child pulled the string on her neck.

Then there was Baby Alive, who chewed her food and soiled her diaper when a child pumped the lever on her back.

Now there's Breast Milk Baby, who suckles and makes slurping noises when held close to the sensors in the strategically placed daisy appliques on a child's pretend nursing bra. We're almost afraid to ask what's next.

Berjuan Toys of Spain has sold more than 2 million of the dolls in Europe, where it was marketed as Bebe Gloton. Breast Milk Baby is now available in the United States for $89.

The reaction here has been about what you'd expect, given the cultural skirmishes that still break out from time to time over actual mothers nursing actual babies in public.

Just last month, a Detroit woman was kicked off a city bus for breast-feeding her infant, and women organized a nurse-in faster than you can say "breast or bottle?"

The young mother was praised as "the Rosa Parks of breast-feeding." We salute her and her cause.

But Breast Milk Baby gives us the creeps. There's nothing natural about a moving mechanical mouth pressed to the chest of a preschooler.

Bloggers and cable TV commentators are all over this, and there's a Facebook page called "Against the Breast Milk Baby Doll."

The doll's defenders tend to view it as counter-programming -- Why do baby dolls always come with a bottle, anyway? -- while critics suggest it sexualizes little girls and promotes teen pregnancy.

Our gripe is with the toymaker's pitch: "Little girls need to learn how to breast-feed." No, they don't.

The mechanics of breast-feeding can be learned on the job. Most babies know how to do it without any instruction. For moms who have trouble, a volunteer army of lactation consultants stands ready to help.

Trust us. The "womanly art" isn't something that has to be mastered before kindergarten.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Breast milk baby Admin210

Back to top Go down

Breast milk baby Empty Re: Breast milk baby

Post by dblboggie Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Our gripe is with the toymaker's pitch: "Little girls need to learn how to breast-feed." No, they don't.

If this weren't so damn creepy it would be hysterical.

WTF is wrong with people these days?!?!?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Breast milk baby Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 pm

ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Breast milk baby Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Now there's Breast Milk Baby, who suckles and makes slurping noises when held close to the sensors in the strategically placed daisy appliques on a child's pretend nursing bra.

I can just about see the point of a suckling doll BUT a "pretend nursing bra".. that straight out of some pedo's sick wish list No

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:18 am

cable2+1 wrote:
Now there's Breast Milk Baby, who suckles and makes slurping noises when held close to the sensors in the strategically placed daisy appliques on a child's pretend nursing bra.

I can just about see the point of a suckling doll BUT a "pretend nursing bra".. that straight out of some pedo's sick wish list No

I'm sorry, but I can't even remotely see the point of a suckling doll for prepubescent female children! It's just sick! These are children, not post pubescent teens or young adults. It's just flat out wrong!
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:41 am

cable2+1 wrote:I can just about see the point of a suckling doll BUT a "pretend nursing bra".. that straight out of some pedo's sick wish list No

dblboggie wrote:I'm sorry, but I can't even remotely see the point of a suckling doll for prepubescent female children! It's just sick! These are children, not post pubescent teens or young adults. It's just flat out wrong!

I don't think we is that far apart on this point.

for decades dolls all over the world have been fed by bottle.. i.e the milk [or what ever] is pored into the doll.. a sucking version just take the old bottle fed doll one step on.. as I said I can just about see the need to take the existing dolls that one step on [I would not give either version of dolls to a child of mine] the idea of turning a child into lactating for a doll [even if it is in fantasy] is so sick, I can't any one other then a pedo getting any joy out of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:02 am

along the same lines...

Vogue’s disturbing ‘fashion’ images of girl aged ten

Fri, 12 Aug 2011

A top fashion magazine has sparked outrage by publishing images of a ten-year old girl wearing heavy make-up and posing like an adult model.

Paris Vogue’s disturbing images of child model Thylane Blondeau have brought strong criticism from parents’ groups and politicians.

In a 15-page spread in Paris Vogue’s December/January issue, she is wearing heavy make-up and gold stilettos.

Mad mad

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:25 am

cable2+1 wrote:

cable2+1 wrote:I can just about see the point of a suckling doll BUT a "pretend nursing bra".. that straight out of some pedo's sick wish list No

dblboggie wrote:I'm sorry, but I can't even remotely see the point of a suckling doll for prepubescent female children! It's just sick! These are children, not post pubescent teens or young adults. It's just flat out wrong!

I don't think we is that far apart on this point.

for decades dolls all over the world have been fed by bottle.. i.e the milk [or what ever] is pored into the doll.. a sucking version just take the old bottle fed doll one step on.. as I said I can just about see the need to take the existing dolls that one step on [I would not give either version of dolls to a child of mine] the idea of turning a child into lactating for a doll [even if it is in fantasy] is so sick, I can't any one other then a pedo getting any joy out of it

Ahhh... okay. I see your point now. A sucking version of a bottle-fed doll would not be nearly as offensive as what these people propose. But I would be with you in that I would not give either version to a child of mine either.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down