Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like"

2 posters

:: Main :: Current Events

Go down

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" Empty Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like"

Post by TexasBlue Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:25 am

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like"

The Associated Press
August 19, 2011

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?: The data-protection commissioner for the German state of Schleswig-Holstein doesn't like Facebook's "Like" button, saying it leads to profiling that violates German and European law.

THE ORDER: The commission ordered state institutions to shut down their pages on the social networking site and remove the "Like" button from their websites.

COMPANY RESPONSE: Facebook insists it is in full compliance with European data protection laws.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" Admin210

Back to top Go down

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" Empty Re: Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like"

Post by TexasBlue Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:25 am

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" Wtf_is10
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" Empty Re: Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like"

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:30 pm

Utter nonsense... I can't even begin to wrap my head around this. Sounds like a politician isn't getting enough attention...
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:Utter nonsense... I can't even begin to wrap my head around this.

Hard to wrap something square around this. Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" 404792

BubbleBliss wrote:Sounds like a politician isn't getting enough attention...

Yeah, touchy-feely is what I call it.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Har-de-har-har.

Call it what you want, it's rediculous!
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Summary Box: German watchdog nixes Facebook "Like" Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Current Events

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum