:: Main :: Social Issues

Go down

Gay TV star: I was assaulted for being associated with Ann Coulter

Post by TexasBlue on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Gay TV star: I was assaulted for being associated with Ann Coulter

Alex Pappas
DailyCaller
November 15, 2011

A cast member of the gay reality TV show “A-List Dallas” tells The Daily Caller that he was punched to the ground and bloodied Friday night by someone vandalizing his car because he’s a gay conservative associated with commentator Ann Coulter.

Taylor Garrett, a Republican consultant in Texas who stars in the reality series on the channel LOGO TV, said in an interview that he was attacked outside a birthday party in Dallas after finding a vandal scratching “F–k Coulter” on the side of his car.

Garrett said the incident reflects a troubling mindset.

“The Democrats want me to live on their plantation as their slave, because I’m a gay person,” he said. “And I refuse to do that.”

Photos provided by Garrett to TheDC show the phrase about Coulter keyed in large letters across his car. Other photos show Garrett with a bloody ear and blood covering his white shirt.

“I was at a party and one of my friends arrived and I had a present for him, so I went back to my car to get the present,” he recalled. “When I walked out to my car, I saw someone squatting next to my car.”

After asking the vandal what he was doing, Garrett said the large man stood up and decked him in his left eye. Garrett fell to the ground. He also scraped up his body by falling into some glass that was next to his car, Garrett said. The attacker got away.

Garrett, who has done work with groups run by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, says he has been subject to harassment and threats for being a gay conservative since news broke that he was having lunch with Coulter in Los Angeles for his show.

Garrett found a rock, with a threatening note attached that was anti-conservative, last month thrown through his living room window, he said.

On Friday night after the incident with the vandal, Garrett said his friends called an ambulance, but paramedics did not take him to the hospital.

Garrett said he begged the police not to put his name on the police report, because “I didn’t want to be in the press again about this,” but his friends convinced him otherwise.

The show “A-List Dallas” is a reality show following several gay men navigating life in Texas. Garrett said he wasn’t filming for the show when the Friday night incident occurred.

He also said he’s disgusted by those in the gay community and media who doubt him and accuse him of trying to gin up publicity for himself by going public with these stories.

Garrett said he decided to join the show because he wanted to show that there are gay “conservative, Republican, Christians” out there. But he said he has been “destroyed by the gay community” for his views and he’s doubtful he’ll return for another season after this.

“I would’ve thought people would have been a little more tolerant considering that our community advocates for tolerance, but it has been nothing but mean spirited attacks, especially after the Ann Coulter scene,” he said.

The point of having lunch with Coulter, he said, is to show people that “just because you don’t support gay marriage doesn’t make you a bigot, doesn’t mean you hate gay people, it just means you disagree on gay issues.”

Coulter did not immediately return a request for comment.

“The left has turned on anyone that might not agree with gay marriage, they have demonized them,” he said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay TV star: I was assaulted for being associated with Ann Coulter

Post by TexasBlue on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 pm

I wish we had a couple really hard left members in here that could explain this shit to me.... as to why they think that gays can't be conservative. Oh, I know... it's because of the religious right. That's why. Sorry to tell anyone reading this that the hard right religious are a minority in the conservative movement, no mater how the media tries to convince you otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:19 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I wish we had a couple really hard left members in here that could explain this shit to me.... as to why they think that gays can't be conservative. Oh, I know... it's because of the religious right. That's why. Sorry to tell anyone reading this that the hard right religious are a minority in the conservative movement, no mater how the media tries to convince you otherwise.

Yeah, there are the Log Cabin Republicans, though it's rare for gays to have conservative beliefs, my cousin is gay, is a liberal and lives in San Francisco. Sounds stereotypical, but that's him. And yes the media tries to paint every conservative as a religious nutjob which isn't true.
Mark85la

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:26 am

Many blacks have conservative beliefs, yet they keep voting for Democrats. Makes one wonder. In their case, it's because the Dems promise them the world and never deliver.

TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 am

TexasBlue wrote:Many blacks have conservative beliefs, yet they keep voting for Democrats. Makes one wonder. In their case, it's because the Dems promise them the world and never deliver.

Yeah, strange. I guess if I kept hearing the lie that the media repeats over and over about the GOP not being for minorities and how racist they are I guess I can understand how they would be brainwashed.
Mark85la

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:36 pm

A good example is my friend in Texas. He's black and votes Dem. Yet when I questioned him on many issues that are conservative issues, he sides with the cons. Yet he still votes Dem. I asked him why. He said because that's the way his family always has voted. I told him that was a piss poor excuse. If he was actually liberal, then I couldn't best him.

TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down