Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Who Think One Member Is A Band

2 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Go down

People Who Think One Member Is A Band Empty People Who Think One Member Is A Band

Post by i_luv_miley Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 am

I'm sorry, but Steve Perry was not Journey! People Who Think One Member Is A Band Icon_razz

I thought of this peeve when I posted my REO Speedwagon comment elsewhere... Anyway, about a week ago I was looking for something to watch on television when I came across Palladium showing Journey - Live In Manila. So being a Journey fan, I watched it... And yes, I knew long ago that Steve Perry (the voice) wasn't part of the band anymore. Nor did it bother me. Anyway, the concert was good. True, the "Steve" songs were somewhat awkward with the new guy (Arnel), but aside from slightly different tones, he hit the same notes. Anyway, after watching that I went on the Internet to see what people were saying about Journey - and (not) to my surprise, a lot of people said that "without Steve, they're crap" or "Steve was Journey" or "you mean Steve Perry wasn't the original singer?" People Who Think One Member Is A Band Icon_eek And that's my point. Some people just want to be music snobs without actually knowing anything about the people (or bands) their criticizing. I hate that. It's freaking music. If you like it, great. If not, okay.

note to the moderators - if you'd prefer this in the music section, then go ahead and move it. But since I consider it a rant, I put it here. People Who Think One Member Is A Band Icon_tongue
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

People Who Think One Member Is A Band Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

People Who Think One Member Is A Band Empty Re: People Who Think One Member Is A Band

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 am

The one thing that gets me is people who think a band is a guy.

You like Led Zeppelin?

Yeah, he's good.

You like Jethro Tull?

Yeah, i saw him once.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

People Who Think One Member Is A Band Admin210

Back to top Go down

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum