CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

 :: Main :: Religion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by Mark85la on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:32 pm

And Sikhs are not even muslim, so how can it be islamophobia?? Fucked up.
avatar
Mark85la



Birthday : 1985-12-02
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by BubbleBliss on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 pm


Because people are ignorant and think anybody that wears a turban is arab and a muslim?
avatar
BubbleBliss




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by Mark85la on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Yeah, but how can you accuse certain people of islamophobia when the victims targeted weren't islamic? There was no islamophobia here.
avatar
Mark85la



Birthday : 1985-12-02
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by BubbleBliss on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:15 pm


You can accuse them of islamophobia if they thought that the people they were targeting were Muslims. Whether that is the case here or not, we'll probably never know
avatar
BubbleBliss




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by Mark85la on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Well, my point is that they're trying to link this to anti-muslim bigotry without any evidence so they can use this tragedy to accuse people of being bigots.
avatar
Mark85la



Birthday : 1985-12-02
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by TexasBlue on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:42 pm

Irregardless of what the shooter thought these people were or not, the fact is that the media is on a hunt. Making race-based accusations is serious business and it works for those who engage in it.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
avatar
TexasBlue




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by kronos on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I think it's highly likely the shooter thought they were Muslims, and that this was a hate crime. (I disagree with the entire concept of hate crimes, but if the facts are what I suspect they are, this would fit the definition). Of course, I can't prove this. And I don't think CNN should "raise the question" (i.e. make the assertion) that this had anything to do with Islam. Among other things, it's offensive to the Sikhs.

Even if he was well aware that they were Sikhs, though--how does this make it any less an act of bigotry?

kronos




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by Mark85la on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Nice to know you know what he was thinking. Well it may be motivated by bigotry, but it's not islamaphobia since no muslims were murdered, as the left tries to attach that label to anything to make the right look like bigots. It's obvious CNN is trying to start up this islamophobia stuff even with the lack of evidence.
avatar
Mark85la



Birthday : 1985-12-02
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by kronos on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Mark85la wrote:Nice to know you know what he was thinking.

Can you read?

kronos wrote:I think it's highly likely the shooter thought they were Muslims, and that this was a hate crime. (I disagree with the entire concept of hate crimes, but if the facts are what I suspect they are, this would fit the definition). Of course, I can't prove this. And I don't think CNN should "raise the question" (i.e. make the assertion) that this had anything to do with Islam. Among other things, it's offensive to the Sikhs.

Even if he was well aware that they were Sikhs, though--how does this make it any less an act of bigotry?

kronos




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by Mark85la on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Yeah, you think he was targeting muslims, which there is no evidence. When there's evidence to support that theory then I'll accept it.
avatar
Mark85la



Birthday : 1985-12-02
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by TexasBlue on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:38 pm

kronos wrote:I think it's highly likely the shooter thought they were Muslims, and that this was a hate crime. (I disagree with the entire concept of hate crimes, but if the facts are what I suspect they are, this would fit the definition). Of course, I can't prove this. And I don't think CNN should "raise the question" (i.e. make the assertion) that this had anything to do with Islam. Among other things, it's offensive to the Sikhs.

Even if he was well aware that they were Sikhs, though--how does this make it any less an act of bigotry?

Exactly! I'm like you on "hate" crimes laws. A crime is a crime. Anyway, the shooter didn't like these people for one of two reasons; he thought they were Muslims or he just hated immigrants in general... especially ones who look different.

But the media.... they have to engage in the usual assumptions and finger pointing games.

Btw, it's nice to see you back in here, even if it's a short while.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
avatar
TexasBlue




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by TexasBlue on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Mark85la wrote:Yeah, you think he was targeting muslims, which there is no evidence. When there's evidence to support that theory then I'll accept it.

He didn't say that. Look again.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
avatar
TexasBlue




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by kronos on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Mark85la wrote:Yeah, you think he was targeting muslims,

As Tex points out, this is STILL not what I'm saying. Nor is it what you originally accused me of saying.

kronos




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by Mark85la on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Sorry about that, my mistake, I'm man enough to admit I mistook your words.
avatar
Mark85la



Birthday : 1985-12-02
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by kronos on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Btw, it's nice to see you back in here, even if it's a short while.

Thanks! How you been?

I'm just poking my head in, testing the waters again...I may be here another day, a week, a month, a year...time will tell.

Who all is still here?

kronos




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by kronos on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Mark85la wrote:Sorry about that, my mistake, I'm man enough to admit I mistook your words.

And I am glad to see that. No worries.

kronos




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by TexasBlue on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:58 am

kronos wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:Btw, it's nice to see you back in here, even if it's a short while.

Thanks! How you been?

I'm just poking my head in, testing the waters again...I may be here another day, a week, a month, a year...time will tell.

Who all is still here?

Same old shit as usual. Work.

It's still the same crowd except Mark is the noob here since you took absence.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
avatar
TexasBlue




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by kronos on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:05 am

Who's on the mod console these days?

Is cable still around? Please say yes.

kronos




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by TexasBlue on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 am

kronos wrote:Who's on the mod console these days?

Nobody. It's a free for all pretty much.

kronos wrote:Is cable still around? Please say yes.

Nope. I deleted his account shortly after you de-modded yourself (due to inactivity). Then I banned his IP addy.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
avatar
TexasBlue




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by dblboggie on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:28 pm

Heya kronos, good to see ya... :wave:
avatar
dblboggie




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by kronos on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22 am

Likewise. Thumbs Up

kronos




Back to top Go down

Re: CNN Uses Sikh Shooting to Tackle Islamophobia -- Despite No Evidence Linking the Two

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: Main :: Religion

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum