Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here

4 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here Empty Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm watching this show on FOX called "the five" and to some degree they said Romney lost because of demographics.

Do you guys on the right think that having Marco Rubio in 2016 will gain votes simply due to demographics? Could it possibly be you lost on Tuesday because of the look of the policy and not because of the person?
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here Empty Re: Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here

Post by Mark85la Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Bad campaign. The Dems are better at messaging and pounding the airwaves and are much more aggressive. They demonize conservatives as racists and anti-female and being for the rich and the GOP didn't fight back and the electorate bought into it. But on another note, let's see if the leftist policies you champion so much is going to affect you now that he's re-elected. Less take home pay (if you have a job) health care costs rise because it's coming. Obama voters will get the govt they deserve, and they will be the ones who suffer the most. Many businesses laid many people off, I guess that's the "revenge" Obama was talking about?

Mark85la
Mark85la

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here Empty Re: Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm

If it's a bad campaign what is Rubio gonna do any different? All Republicans have the same policies.
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:If it's a bad campaign what is Rubio gonna do any different? All Republicans have the same policies.

OK Mr Libertarian, you got your guy in there, this is his economy, he's running the ship, I doubt he will not move to the center as he hasn't so far and will just continue the failed ones that we've had for four years and things will get worse because the guy surrounds himself with college professors and people who have no idea about economics. I think if he fails and things get worse or it just stays stagnant, the voters will turn on him. I'm also hoping this Benghazi thing doesn't go away and we get answers.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:08 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I'm watching this show on FOX called "the five" and to some degree they said Romney lost because of demographics.

Do you guys on the right think that having Marco Rubio in 2016 will gain votes simply due to demographics? Could it possibly be you lost on Tuesday because of the look of the policy and not because of the person?

Three things. One is the religious right and their constant pounding on gays and abortion. If this Party wants to get serious about winning, it needs to find a way to appeal to women and get rid of this obsession over abortion. Abortion will never be illegal. All they’re doing is chasing away voters. Period. End of story.

The other is to stop on this immigration issue. That alone chases away Hispanics.

The third is that the GOP won't nominate someone who is a bona-fide conservative. Like it or not, NP, Romney was not nor was he ever a true conservative. He talked a good game, but ultimately, he's just a liberal Republican. McCain was another liberal Repub.

You need to look at what the vote tally for this election was. Romney got fewer votes than McCain. What that tells me is many voters just stayed home or voted 3rd party. Heck, Obama didn't even come close to the tally he had in 2008.

Yeah, demographics played a part but that isn't the whole story.

Last edited by TexasBlue on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Question for the Republicans/Conservatives here Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:09 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:If it's a bad campaign what is Rubio gonna do any different? All Republicans have the same policies.

That's bullshit. That would be like saying all Democrats are communist sympathizers.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Ultimately, not much is going to change. The Senate is Dem controlled and the House is GOP controlled. It's up to Obama to fucking grow a real pair and lead instead of demonize.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:39 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
TheNextPrez2012 wrote:I'm watching this show on FOX called "the five" and to some degree they said Romney lost because of demographics.

Three things. One is the religious right and their constant pounding on gays and abortion. If this Party wants to get serious about winning, it needs to find a way to appeal to women and get rid of this obsession over abortion. Abortion will never be illegal. All they’re doing is chasing away voters. Period. End of story.

The other is to stop on this immigration issue. That alone chases away Hispanics.

The third is that the GOP won't nominate someone who is a bona-fide conservative. Like it or not, NP, Romney was not nor was he ever a true conservative. He talked a good game, but ultimately, he's just a liberal Republican. McCainb was another liberal Repub.

You need to look at what the vote tally for this election was. Romney got fewer votes than McCain. What that tells me is many voters just stayed home or voted 3rd party. Heck, Obama didn't even come close to the tally he had in 2008.

Yeah, demographics played a part but that isn't the whole story.

I agree. There are a couple of things that will make you vote for the other party right away:

1) Gay Marriage - Democrat
2) "Pro" Abortion - Democrat
3) Anti tough immigration - Democrat
4) Pro Gun - Repuclican
5) Anti welfare - Republican

If you feel strongly about those things, then you got who you're going to vote for right there.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:I agree. There are a couple of things that will make you vote for the other party right away:

1) Gay Marriage - Democrat
2) "Pro" Abortion - Democrat
3) Anti tough immigration - Democrat
4) Pro Gun - Repuclican
5) Anti welfare - Republican

If you feel strongly about those things, then you got who you're going to vote for right there.

If the Repubs go left, then what's the point of it all? That's my question.

Personally, out of those 5 you listed, I could care less about abortion and gays.

I think it's silly for any country or citizens to be lax on immigration; legal and illegal. That's just plain common sense. You can't have people coming here illegally. Period. You also have to know who people are that do come here legally.

Guns... we all know that argument. No sense in rehashing it.

Anti-welfare? No conservative is against welfare. They're against people getting on it and making a living at it.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum