Tea Party News Network

:: Main :: Politics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tea Party News Network

Post by TheNextPrez2012 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 am

Is there really a need for a Tea Party news operation at a time when the ideological crusade is being discredited and blamed for much of what is damaging the GOP?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/13/new-tea-party-news-network-defining-conservative-brand-and-mission.html

“Everyone talks about the Tea Party as though it dragged the Republican Party to the right,” Backer told me. “The problem isn’t that it dragged the party to the right. It’s that we as Republicans did not communicate effectively with the people sharing a conservative vision.

Wait a minute. I thought they weren't specifically Republican?
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Re: Tea Party News Network

Post by TexasBlue on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:42 pm

How is it that the TP inserted the largest unseating in over 50 years in the House? How is it that the same numbers holding the House seats held on? You leftists conveniently ignore that. You 'sort of a god' has checks and balances to abide by because of a GOP controlled House.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 am

TexasBlue wrote:How is it that the TP inserted the largest unseating in over 50 years in the House? How is it that the same numbers holding the House seats held on? You leftists conveniently ignore that. You 'sort of a god' has checks and balances to abide by because of a GOP controlled House.

The obvious response to this is to point to the electoral reality.
Obama won 332 electoral votes, and is only the second president of the last 10 to win 50% of the popular vote twice. In House races, most Americans backed Democratic candidates, not Republicans, but GOP officials gerrymandered district lines to make it almost impossible for Pelosi to take back the Speaker's gavel, even if most of the American electorate wanted a Democratic majority.

Democrats have won roughly 48.8 percent of the House vote, compared to 48.47 percent for Republicans.
A narrow plurality of Americans may have preferred Democratic House candidates, but it didn't matter -- the district lines were too carefully drawn in the GOP's favor after the 2010 midterms.

Your argument, in other words, is pretty hard to take seriously. The re-elected president lacks a "mandate" because he only won a majority of the popular vote, a large majority of the electoral vote, and most voters supported Democratic congressional candidates? Presidential mandates are now dependent on gerrymandered House district lines?
TheNextPrez2012

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Good God almighty. You are a plagiarist BIG time! You can't even use your own words, but steal Maddow's. Unfucking believable.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/11/14/15160614-paul-ryan-makes-the-case-against-a-mandate

Your credibility is at an all time low. Talk about credibility needing to be taken seriously.

Until you can use your own mind to make an argument, yours is null and void in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not in favor of fairness. I’m in favor of freedom, and freedom is not fairness. Fairness means somebody has to decide what’s fair.” - Milton Friedman
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:52 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Good God almighty. You are a plagiarist BIG time! You can't even use your own words, but steal Maddow's. Unfucking believable.

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/11/14/15160614-paul-ryan-makes-the-case-against-a-mandate

Your credibility is at an all time low. Talk about credibility needing to be taken seriously.

Until you can use your own mind to make an argument, yours is null and void in this thread.

Does that apply to Mark's opinion articles as well?
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:03 pm

lol. I don't plagiarize, there's a difference. I put links. Thanks for the shout out though.
Mark85la

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:Does that apply to Mark's opinion articles as well?

You do know the difference between using someone else's words as your own versus posting an opinion piece with either a link OR having the source identified.

Mark posts with links. I post with text and you ALWAYS know who wrote it and where it came from.

NP replied to me as if it was his own words. It looked suspicious to me and I ran a quick Google check and - viola - it came from the mouth of Rachel Maddow.

Are you back seat modding now?

TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:13 pm

By the way, plagiarism is when one takes someone else's work, words or ideas and passing them off as their own.

Topic locked.
Further discussion will be in the members area for those who wish to participate.

TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top