Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination

3 posters

:: Main :: Religion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination - Page 2 Empty Re: Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:42 am

The problem with that is that it can sometimes give the false impression of parity in the debate. If everybody except for five people in New York was happy with the so-called Ground Zero Mosque to be built there, and those five were the only objectors, should they get an equal amount of air time?

Of course people are entitled to their views and entitled to air them in public but this champioing of minority views with equal time to the majority gives a false impression that people are split down the middle when they are not.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination - Page 2 Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination - Page 2 Empty Re: Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:05 am

TexasBlue wrote:
cable2 wrote:the wide spread hatred of any kind of Muslim has been encouraged by the fox channel and tea-party's continued rantS at the building of Mosques.. "Muslims killed us"

which begs the question is this a Religious question or is it a political stance.. as expressed by tea-party / fox channel ?

This is what gets people into flame wars on internet boards. You're painting a news channel and a political movement with a broad brush. That's not allowed in here. Now, if you want to make a point of numerous individuals or a specific individual spreading hatred or a news personality as spreading hatred, then go ahead but be ready for a debate on that.

if only that was true.. how tolerant and less bigoted would the reading of certain anti-Muslim threads be.. https://superiorpolitics.forumotion.com/politics-f1/bill-o-reilly-gets-whoopi-goldberg-and-joy-behar-to-walk-off-the-view-t807.htm
So what was it that he was "allowed" to say that was offensive?
He stated that Muslims attacked America. And that is a fact.
Muslims did NOT attack America.. no Shi’ite took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Alawites took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Babis took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Azalis took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Baha’is took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Ahmadiyyas took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Sufi took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Cultural Muslims took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Liberal Muslims took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Kharijites took part in the crimes on 9/11.. no Ahmadiyya Qadiani took part in the crimes on 9/11.. the names of the Muslim sects that did not take part in the crimes of 9/11 would fill this page and more.. SO Muslims did NOT attack America.. it was one small sub Wahhabi sect.. and NO American Muslim of any sect took part in the crimes on 9/11. LESS OF THAT THANK YOU
This B/S subdividing Muslims into all these various sects, and then further subdividing the Wahhabi sect, in order to further marginalize their Muslim identity is nothing more than amateur sophistry.
And yet this same distinction is never made for Christians or Jews who commit crimes.
Nonsense. When the IRA were attacking British targets, they were not referred to as "Christian", but what they are "Catholic Republicans". When IRA members were being attacked by paramilitaries such as the UVF, they were not called "Christian" but "Protestant Unionists". They are not called "Christians" as a sweeping generalisation because Greek Orthodox, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Copts, Methodists, Unitarians, Quakers and Presbyterians have nothing to do with it yet they all identify as Christian.
As for Bill's comments, he did paint all Muslims with a broad stroke.

and so the anti-Muslim propaganda went on..
You're painting a news channel and a political movement with a broad brush. That's not allowed in here.
paining your political groups with broad strokes That's not allowed in here but the painting of all Muslims with broad stokes is allowed in here anti-Muslim propaganda is so invasive that all Muslims are tarred with the same broad brush.. Muslims attacked America so an America mosque in New York would be nothing more then glorying in that attack and a thumb in the eye of Americans.. Muslims attacked America so an American Mosque in Tennessee would be nothing more then a terror training camp.

if broad strokes are not allowed on political groups then broad strokes must NOT be allowed on Muslims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:14 am

TexasBlue wrote:
merkwurdigliebe wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:We all have painted one another with a broad brush at one point in time here and elsewhere. Some is fair and some is not.

So it is OK, just sometimes now? As opposed to it really wasn't earlier?

Sorry but the other guy was right, one of the only few things that unite all Tea-Party members across the US is opposition to the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque", even turning it into a political point. If there is an intelligent argument against it, the TP has not made one - its reaction towards it is little more then an emotional knee-jerk reaction.

It also appears that Fox News has made it an editorial policy to egg on silly people. Given some of the more recent outbursts from some of FN's highest paid commentators on the topic, I cannot see how anyone could say FN is not at all divisive.

Not really. My point is the human factor in we do things we shouldn't. Fair enuff?

The point you miss on the NYC mosque issue is that 70% of people in this country oppose where it's proposed to be built. Most New Yorkers oppose it. Most New Yorkers are liberal-minded people, i might add. I can't personally speak for them because i don't live there. If i did, i would oppose it no matter my ideology.

Nobody opposes any mosque being built in general except the most far-right among us in this country.

Why did no one object to the "Pentagon mosque"?
By Justin Elliott Thursday, Aug 5, 2010 17:06 ET

nothing lays bare the absurdity of what we've just lived through quite so much as this Washington Times story, quoted above, from 2007.

Yes, Muslims have infiltrated the Pentagon for their nefarious, prayerful purposes -- daring to practice their religion inside the building where 184 people died on Sept. 11, 2001. They haven't even had the sensitivity to move two blocks, let alone a mile, away from that sacred site.

http://www.salon.com/news/pentagon/index.html?story=/opinion/greenwald/2010/07/20/mukasey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 am

TexasBlue wrote:My POINT was that you were painting all who oppose the mosque as Tea Party people. It isn't true nor is it factual.

ALL Muslims are painted the same, even American Muslims... which is why there is opposition the building of a Mosque.. and it's not only in New York where opposition to building of Mosques in America is so bitter... the other 4 battles over Mosque building, do not even have the pretense of insensitivity of them being built near 9/11 attack sites.. the hate towards Muslims coming for the Tea Party people have spread far and wide all across America

broad brush strokes cover all with the same tar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:12 am

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:The problem with that is that it can sometimes give the false impression of parity in the debate. If everybody except for five people in New York was happy with the so-called Ground Zero Mosque to be built there, and those five were the only objectors, should they get an equal amount of air time?

Of course people are entitled to their views and entitled to air them in public but this champioing of minority views with equal time to the majority gives a false impression that people are split down the middle when they are not.

When the Roman Catholic's wanted to build their St Peters in New York they too faced the same bitter opposition by the vast majority of Americans.. If American law did not give the Roman Catholic's the legal right to build a place of pray.. New York today would be with out one of it's main tourist attractions.. it is not the voice of the majority which should be heard but the voice of American law.. and American law says a Muslim place of pray can be legally built in New York.. there is no, if, and, or , but, only where the majority say it can be built.. America should not be the land of the bully but stay the land of laws.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 am

So, with your rant, you're accusing some of us as being bigots with your religion?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:11 pm

cable2 wrote:but the painting of all Muslims with broad stokes is allowed in here
No it isn't and I've have edited/deleted offensive posts and I will continue to do so, even against the forum administrator. He will attest to having been admonished by me on several occasions. If I'm not prepared to do that to the admin then there is no point me doing it, is there?

However cable2, there is such a thing as due process. If you think I have been lenient on anti-Muslim posting then I would rather you told me in PM. Point me to where such offensive posts exist if you think they have not been dealt with. I have no particular love for any religion above any other. I am an equal opportunities anti-theist, I dislike all religions equally and make no distinction. I am fully aware that some of the Americans here seem to think that all evils of the world are caused by "The Muslims". I am not going to put up with it and as I said before, I do not see every single post and sometimes I miss them. So show me where these posts are and I will deal with them.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Record number of Muslim workers filing complaints of employment discrimination - Page 2 Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2