Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message board cliques

4 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Go down

Message board cliques Empty Message board cliques

Post by BecMacFeegle Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:58 am

Right, I think I've pretty much burnt my bridges at imdb...having insulted...just about everyone. Well no, not really. I just HATE cliques - I HATE THEM!!! But what I hate more is the sad little gits who are soooo desperate to be in the cliques - and they think the best way to be IN the clique is to act like a prat. Zero sum game BS - where they think to fit in better they have to tear a strip off some other n00b and assert their authority. No. nonononononono. I am NOT playing that game. That is beneath me - if you think fitting into the gang is more important than a) having something to say b) standing or falling by the strength of your arguments - then you're a pathetic little cretin and I want nothing to do with you.

I'm ranting more than venting. This makes no sense. Let me try and example.

I do not deny evolution. This does not mean that I share some type of bond with every other person on the planet who also does not deny evolution. They do not get to be my best pal just because we happen to agree on one thing. We are not in a gang because we agree on one thing, ESPECIALLY when - frankly - they don't know bugger all about biology or evolution when it comes down to it. AND when it turns out that they are just as trolly as the so called trolls they are supposed to be debating. I hate that. When people start forming cliques, it becomes ABOUT the clique, not about the ideas that first brought those people together. Frankly, when it comes to the discussion of evolution - I'm starting to get the impression that some people who wade into the fray just like arguing. Like professional protesters. They don't really care what it's about so long as they are FIGHTING THE ESTABLISHMENT!!! So it is with evolution - those who swarm in to support it (as if it NEEDS defending, least of all by a bunch of scientifically illiterate cretins) are generally there because they want to have a bitch at fundamentalist Christians. And then the evolution deniers - (does God need defending any more than hard science, do you think?! - least of all by a few theologically illiterate cretins) seem to just want to bitch at atheists.

This, pretty much, is the situation at my former stomping ground on imdb - the Expelled board, where I think I have just successfully ostracised myself by insulting a couple of the main non-evolution denying cliquey pals.

And you know - that's something else that really pisses me off. People who try and patronise you when - quite frankly - you are considerably smarter than them. I know, I sound big headed, but damn it I'm an intelligent person and I will NOT be patronised by some cut & pasting little cretin with the intellectual capacity of a particularly unintelligent turnip!!! Who's best line of defence is to sulk, thumb his nose and call you names. Yet people like this ape because - apparently - writing [red]FAIL[/red] at the end of every one of his repetitive, exceptionally tedious and frankly irritating posts - is comedy genius.

*gasps for breath*

So I hate cliques. Sure it's nice if people tell you they like your points, or compliment you on a good argument - but that does not mean I expect them to agree with everything I say because we are in the same secret club. NO!!! If I say something stupid, wrong or inappropriate TELL ME! I will respect that - even if I bitch at you. Because I'll tell you if you're acting like an arse, talking rubbish or if I disagree with you. You are not in my gang. *I* am in my gang and no one else. I hate brown nosing, I hate safety in numbers and I hate CLIQUES and their revolting hierarchical system. The truth and good argument are not arrived at by consensus. So there! Slap

Am I being unreasonable?
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Message board cliques Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Message board cliques Empty Re: Message board cliques

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:34 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:ESPECIALLY when - frankly - they don't know bugger all about biology or evolution when it comes down to it.
More or less the reason I gave up posting there. You know you are in a bad way when half the "evolutionists" (I hate that non-word) do not understand evolution. You are fighting a losing battle on both fronts because you end up being isolated from the "evolutionists" who think you must all group together in the name of unity and the creationists who realise your isolation.

BecMacFeegle wrote:I will NOT be patronised by some cut & pasting little cretin with the intellectual capacity of a particularly unintelligent turnip!!! Who's best line of defence is to sulk, thumb his nose and call you names. Yet people like this ape because - apparently - writing [red]FAIL[/red] at the end of every one of his repetitive, exceptionally tedious and frankly irritating posts - is comedy genius.
And don't forget the main tactic of the person in question is the "talking snake" remark. I know we have all used that in the past, but it seems to be his sole argument.

BecMacFeegle wrote:Am I being unreasonable?
No. I soon got wind of the problem on that board when we were having to defend the historical method regarding the evidence for the existence of Jesus. You and I both know how flimsy extra-biblical sources are for proving his existence but in all likelihood, as a man he existed but I just refuse to accept "Jesus the Magic Man". And when we pointed that out, they pounced on it saying "you can't say that, creationists will manipulate what you say". Sorry, but as with anything else, I'm not going to pretend to hold a position different from one I actually hold because some cretin might distort it. That happens enough as it is. As TexasBlue will have seen on Superior Pics, I often tackle people who would normally be on my side on issues such as climate change if I think they are presenting false information. I feel no need to present a united front in the name of some misplaced ideal of "fraternity before the enemy".
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Message board cliques Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:02 pm

LMAO @ the rant!

But i agree with this. I hate cliques, too. Where i used to work before i got laid off, there was a clique on 3rd (graveyard) shift. When i had to swing that shift during my first year, it was really hard to get to know people, to learn things from those people and to just exist on that shift. I hated the shift and the people that worked it because of that. I hate working overnight shifts to start with and then you have assholes who compound it.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Message board cliques Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:43 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote: So I hate cliques. Sure it's nice if people tell you they like your points, or compliment you on a good argument - but that does not mean I expect them to agree with everything I say because we are in the same secret club. NO!!! If I say something stupid, wrong or inappropriate TELL ME! I will respect that - even if I bitch at you. Because I'll tell you if you're acting like an arse, talking rubbish or if I disagree with you. You are not in my gang. *I* am in my gang and no one else. I hate brown nosing, I hate safety in numbers and I hate CLIQUES and their revolting hierarchical system. The truth and good argument are not arrived at by consensus. So there! Slap

Am I being unreasonable?

ROFL No you are NOT being unreasonable... quite the contrary if I may say.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Message board cliques Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down