Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Pisses You Off?

+2
The_Amber_Spyglass
TexasBlue
6 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Pisses You Off? Empty What Pisses You Off?

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Let's have a list! No politics or religion though.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

What Pisses You Off? Admin210

Back to top Go down

What Pisses You Off? Empty Re: What Pisses You Off?

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:38 pm

People who have cell phones grafted to the side of the heads 24/7. You know... the ones who can't navigate a grocery store aisle without one.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 pm

Am I allowed to say 1oldminer? Very Happy

People who stand in magazine aisles in a shop and read an entire mag. Too tight fisted to buy one. Seriously... it is £3-4 at most! Buy the fscking thing and let me get the one I want! grrrrr
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

What Pisses You Off? Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:52 pm

People riding your @ss when driving. And also people who think they own the damn road just because they drive a truck or an expensive car.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

What Pisses You Off? Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 am

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:Am I allowed to say 1oldminer? Very Happy

Yeah, i guess. Very Happy

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:People who stand in magazine aisles in a shop and read an entire mag. Too tight fisted to buy one. Seriously... it is £3-4 at most! Buy the fscking thing and let me get the one I want! grrrrr

Yeah, that drives me crazy, too. You'd think it was a fµqqing library or something. I'll gaze thru one for 30 seconds to see if the articles look like it's worth buying. But i don't sit there and read the whole damn thing!
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:27 am

BubbleBliss wrote:People riding your @ss when driving. And also people who think they own the damn road just because they drive a truck or an expensive car.

That irritates me, too. But i see it with all types of vehicles, not just trucks or Cadillac's. It's the person's personality that's behind it all.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:13 pm

haha yeah, I actually should have added 'race' cars in there too. You know, the sh!tty Mitsubishi that has some lime green rims and rust damage at the same time?
Those are the 3 most common types to ride my @ss down here even though it's not them exclusively of course.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Don't get me started on those teenagers and their 4 cylinder engines with exhaust pipes made to sound cool. Those junk buckets sound like lawnmowers on steroids.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Exactly. ROFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK18wQA-tHs Fast forward to about 1 minute into the vid.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Good Gawd. I'd be sawing off those mufflers in the middle of the night if i had to put up with that sh!t. Geez.

Btw, you can embed YouTube vids with the icon in the rows above your post when making it. It's the icon with the movie strip. Click it and a text filed pops up. You'll have to grab the url from the YT page. There's those two fields on there; one is to embed on a web page and the other is the straight url. That straight url is the one you want. Paste it in that movie strip field and click ok and it's embedded on the post.

I did screen shots of this post to show you.......

What Pisses You Off? Postin10
What Pisses You Off? Postin11
What Pisses You Off? Postin12
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm

haha yeah, I was in a rush so I just posted the link instead of embedding it.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Oh ok. Wasn't sure if you were video-embedding challenged or not. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:08 pm

haha nope, not me.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

The idea that my all time favorite movies may never, ever be seen even in independent, repertory movie houses again, especially once they go on Blu-Ray DVD.

Rude people who text and talk (whether it be on their cellphone or to each other) constantly in the movie theatre.

Being slower to learn stuff, due to reasons that're too complicated to discuss here.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:27 am

Rude people who text and talk (whether it be on their cellphone or to each other) constantly in the movie theatre.

That's anywhere now days.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:42 am

While it's true that cellphone use and texting is everywhere, it's especially annoying when people do it in the movie theatres, and dangerous when people do it while driving!

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:23 pm

mplo wrote:While it's true that cellphone use and texting is everywhere, it's especially annoying when people do it in the movie theatres, and dangerous when people do it while driving!

I hate when drivers do it. Big time. I'm an ex-trucker and had to deal with that bullshit on a daily basis.

Then the people who do it in any public place and talk loud as if they're the only person around... that annoys me. I don't want to know what other people are talking about on the phone.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:05 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
mplo wrote:While it's true that cellphone use and texting is everywhere, it's especially annoying when people do it in the movie theatres, and dangerous when people do it while driving!

I hate when drivers do it. Big time. I'm an ex-trucker and had to deal with that bullshit on a daily basis.

Then the people who do it in any public place and talk loud as if they're the only person around... that annoys me. I don't want to know what other people are talking about on the phone.

I agree with you 100% on this, TexasBlue. I'm not a truck driver, but I fully understand how you feel when drivers do it. I just lean on my horn good and hard when I see that these cellphone-using, texting clowns behind the wheel are so close that they're about to move into my lane. It often startles them and makes them think a little bit.

As for cellphone use and texting in public places, especially movie theatres, I wish that more movie theatres did what the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, TX has done; implemented a zero-tolerance policy of cellphone use and texting in the movie theatre, because the small, bright light is very distracting. After two warnings, if the offending person persists, they're thrown out of The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, with no refund of their money, or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:09 pm

mplo wrote:I agree with you 100% on this, TexasBlue. I'm not a truck driver, but I fully understand how you feel when drivers do it. I just lean on my horn good and hard when I see that these cellphone-using, texting clowns behind the wheel are so close that they're about to move into my lane. It often startles them and makes them think a little bit.

As for cellphone use and texting in public places, especially movie theatres, I wish that more movie theatres did what the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, TX has done; implemented a zero-tolerance policy of cellphone use and texting in the movie theatre, because the small, bright light is very distracting. After two warnings, if the offending person persists, they're thrown out of The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, with no refund of their money, or anything.

That's a great policy. If people can't leave the cells at home or in the car, then they have no business watching a movie in a theater.

Check out what the Entertainment writer for my paper said a couple weeks ago.
http://superiorpolitics.com/t2204-these-concert-behaviors-must-stop#15802
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:34 pm

I see that the cell phone behind the wheel has been covered, as well as tailgaters (bumperstickers?).

One other thing that comes to mind is overbearing personalities. You know, the neighbor who complains because you have a garage sale or if you miss mowing your lawn on time?

Oh, and at the grocery store, the person with 30-50 items who decides the express lane, 10-15 items, is okay to abuse? Worst still, the computerized self-check outs that repeatedly tell you to re-scan an item or even to start over when you almost through.

The 21st century is the cynic's dream and nightmare because it is everything it is expected to be.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

What Pisses You Off? Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Here's another one;

I'm standing in line at a convenience store and there a guy at the counter buying some stuff and a lottery scratch off ticket. He stand there and can't decide which one he wants. By the time he figures it all out, the rest of us are late for work.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:09 pm

How about the cashier who's carrying on a casual conversation with the customer checking out while she leisurely scans each item at the pace of a 3-toed sloth on downers?
dblboggie
dblboggie

What Pisses You Off? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:14 pm

dblboggie wrote:How about the cashier who's carrying on a casual conversation with the customer checking out while she leisurely scans each item at the pace of a 3-toed sloth on downers?

Or a new cashier with no supervisor around. And I mean a new cashier. First day on the job.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:41 pm

What is seriously pissing me off at the moment is all the media hype that global warming has now, suddenly, been accepted as fact by the 'skeptics'.

Well, excuse me! No body ask me and I am about as skeptical on this subject as they come. I don't even proclaim that the climate isn't evolving or changing, but I damned sure don't buy into the left wing's packaging of the subject or the toy surprise in the cereal box; the All Gore Uber-sensitive Global Warming Decoder Ring.

Of course, the MSM is crowing every time someone who 'claims' to be a former skeptic steps to the podium... but then conveniently goes back to the perilous prevails of Polly Nutmeg (Lindsay Lohan) when someone denies the allegation out loud.

PT Barnum would love this show because there is a whole world ready to buy tickets for the dog-faced boy and bearded lady.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

What Pisses You Off? Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:32 pm

My old moderator, Matt, is a huge AGW guy. He and Dbl used to go round and round. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next