Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Browser Wars

3 posters

Go down

Browser Wars Empty Re: Browser Wars

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:18 pm

Firefox, how I used to love you for taking everything Opera first had but making it better. But alas your rendering engine has been long surpassed by WebKit based browsers. Not to mention you are still more sluggish to start up then an asthmatic, sleepy and depressed lazy... person.

I bid thee farewell with fondest memories.

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 pm

As of Sept. 2010;
Browser Wars 800px-Browser_usage_on_wikimedia_Sep_2010

Last edited by TexasBlue on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Browser Wars Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:44 am

merkwurdigliebe wrote:Firefox, how I used to love you for taking everything Opera first had but making it better. But alas your rendering engine has been long surpassed by WebKit based browsers. Not to mention you are still more sluggish to start up then an asthmatic, sleepy and depressed lazy... person.

It has got better recently but if Tex's article is right and there is a major security flaw then perhaps I ought to finally make the move to Chrome, a browser I only use on the odd occasion.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Browser Wars Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:56 am

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
merkwurdigliebe wrote:Firefox, how I used to love you for taking everything Opera first had but making it better. But alas your rendering engine has been long surpassed by WebKit based browsers. Not to mention you are still more sluggish to start up then an asthmatic, sleepy and depressed lazy... person.

It has got better recently but if Tex's article is right and there is a major security flaw then perhaps I ought to finally make the move to Chrome, a browser I only use on the odd occasion.

Not so much of it being a permanent flaw. It's a flaw that was found, much like ones found in other browsers. At least Mozilla updates it immediately instead of the first Tuesday of the month (Microsoft).
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Browser Wars Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:26 am

Pretty much. I remember the early days of Opera - it was a struggle, but somehow worth it, until Firefox came along. You were fast, you were reliable, you had those nifty tabs that I adored so much but which have been pinched by just about everyone now meaning that the novelty value has entirely worn off and we demand them as standard....*breath*

I'm a Chrome addict now. I love my browser. Fast, minimalist, nifty little postit board for my favourite pages on the tabs, an address/search bar...plus an Emma Bridgewater skin. God how I love you.
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Browser Wars Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 am

Opera had tabs and I think it had them before Firefox.

I haven't used Opera for about 3 years, it was notoriously bad for playing Flash animations iirc.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Browser Wars Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Browser Wars Empty Browser Wars

Post by BecMacFeegle Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Opera had tabs and I think it had them before Firefox.

Yeah it did but Firefox did it better.

And did I mention firefox had a cute logo? I will miss the logo. But for all else there is google Chrome!
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Browser Wars Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum