Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comodo rant

2 posters

Go down

Comodo rant Empty Comodo rant

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:27 pm

I was a user of the Comodo firewall. I have now uninstalled Comodo Firewall. The program itself was updated and then it was hanging up my system on shutdown. I was also using Comodo System Cleaner to occasionally clean my system up (like CCleaner does). I didn't use it much either.

Well, after uninstalling the Comodo firewall, I decided to uninstall CSC, too. A bad thing happened after that. After uninstalling it (using Revo Uninstaller, which is the choice way to uninstall anything), the program left a driver on my system that I can't get rid of. It actually hooks itself into your system when you install it initially. I was finally able to disable the driver but not delete it. Looks like a Windows reinstall on my horizon within the next few days. I'm seriously thinking of buying a bigger hard drive this weekend (now that I have a job).

Btw, after researching Comodo System Cleaner, I'm finding that I'm not alone in this. Even if they fix this issue, I'll never use another product of theirs again. This is exactly why I like freeware programs. One isn't in hock for money they paid if it were payware.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Comodo rant Admin210

Back to top Go down

Comodo rant Empty Re: Comodo rant

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Before you go for a clean wipe, try Disk Clean Up on Windows. It is usually good for spotting and deleting redundant programs.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Comodo rant Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:02 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:Before you go for a clean wipe, try Disk Clean Up on Windows. It is usually good for spotting and deleting redundant programs.

Done did that. No go.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Comodo rant Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down