Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately?

3 posters

:: Main :: Social Issues

Go down

You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately? Empty You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately?

Post by TexasBlue Thu May 12, 2011 8:00 pm

You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately?

Neal Boortz
May 12, 2011

Take a look at this video of a student beating up another student in class. The outrage? Well first of all, the one student just seems to sit there and take it. But the second outrage is that the teacher is seen just standing there and does absolutely nothing about it. And the local teachers union says that the teacher acted appropriately.Whatdya think?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately? Admin210

Back to top Go down

You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately? Empty Re: You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately?

Post by kronos Thu May 12, 2011 9:20 pm

In general, I'd say the teacher should intervene if one student is beating up another, but there are any number of variables that might make that a bad idea. You'd have to judge each situation on a case-by-case basis. There's a lot we don't know about the situation in that video.

I should add that the attacker threw only two punches, he threw them so quickly that the teacher couldn't have possibly intervened...and judging by the red-haired kids reaction, it's not obvious to me that he even felt a thing.

kronos

You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately? Junmem10

Back to top Go down

You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately? Empty Re: You decide... Did the teacher act appropriately?

Post by BubbleBliss Fri May 13, 2011 9:46 am

Even if the teacher did intervene, there's such a great likelihood of him getting a lawsuit or fired, that every teacher now thinks about intervening in a fight at least twice before actually acting.
I think the teacher should have gotten in between the two, even though there is a danger that he'd get hit. If that would have happened, the kid who punched him would have been thrown out of that school, no questions asked.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Back to top Go down

Post by kronos Fri May 13, 2011 10:20 am

That's what the lady in the vid was saying. If you intervene and the kid injures you, don't count on your insurance covering it or keeping your job. A pretty fucked up situation.

Thing is, not everyone is good at physical confrontation. Maybe the teacher is a wimp and was scared shitless.

kronos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Social Issues

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum