Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Quadrennial Civil Wars

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Our Quadrennial Civil Wars Empty Our Quadrennial Civil Wars

Post by Arx Ferrum Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Not really sure where this belongs... I didn't see a topic for steam venting, lol...

Chin Scratch

When I read of modern presidential politics in the news today, I am so often reminded of the PBS series by Ken Burns, 'The Civil War'. Here we have two sides, both American, both dedicated to their country but as utterly and completely divided as possible.

The divisions are, to be sure, quite intentional... as in; not accidental and neither even entirely political. The polarization of our nation creates a house divided unto itself and as such, makes it weak and unable to reign in the corruption in Washington. That we should be so joyful in our little wars against our neighbors, is an absolute delight to all of those on both sides of the aisle.

We the People are rendered inert.

Don't misunderstand me to say that I don't take the occasional swim or that I don't enjoy it when I do. I am no different than anyone else. But, what in this case could be called... incepterceptual usury, is like a bottle of good homemade whiskey; it doesn't serve any real purpose except make you feel good... until the next day.

What a Face
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Our Quadrennial Civil Wars Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Our Quadrennial Civil Wars Empty Re: Our Quadrennial Civil Wars

Post by TexasBlue Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 pm

I moved it to politics.

But yeah, things have become very polarized. I have never seen it this bad in my 48 years. Of course, each side blames the other.

What interests me is how the right and left act when their guy is in power. Bush had the left going after him endlessly and Obama has the same. But to talk to each side, they're right and the other is wrong.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Our Quadrennial Civil Wars Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Well said Arx Ferrum. I am guilty of the polarization and know I have to change my ways if we are going to get both sides to see how we are all being played.

Nicely said. Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down