Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gay Time at JCPenney

3 posters

:: Main :: Social Issues

Go down

A Gay Time at JCPenney Empty A Gay Time at JCPenney

Post by TexasBlue Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:20 pm

A Gay Time at JCPenney

Bill O'Reilly
Thursday, Feb 09, 2012

Each Halloween, residents of New York City are greeted by homosexual parade marchers dressed to impress bystanders with a message that "gay is good." Some folks take the parade in stride, some are offended by more than a few outrageous displays, and others simply could not care less.

That parade is a microcosm of how Americans, in general, feel about the gay movement. And those who oppose the in-your-face tactics of some homosexuals do have a legitimate gripe. They simply want to be left alone. They don't want to see explicit displays in public that offend their moral or religious points-of-view.

Enter Ellen DeGeneres and JCPenney. The Texas-based department store has hired Ellen as a spokesperson, and that is royally teeing off a conservative group called "One Million Moms." On their website, they are calling for Penney's to "replace Ellen DeGeneres and remain neutral in the culture wars."

The Moms go on to say that Ellen is not a "true representative" of the type of families that shop at JCPenney.

While I sympathize with folks not wanting to deal with homosexuality, I think the Moms are wrong. Ellen DeGeneres is an American citizen. She has committed no crime. If she wants to promote equality for gays or gay marriage, that is her constitutional right. She should not be dismissed from anything.

But the Moms have rights, too. They don't have to shop at Penney's if they believe the company does not hold their values, and they are doing nothing wrong by making their disenchantment known. As long as they don't try to hurt Ellen or any other individual, I have no problem with the Moms.

In the 1950s, Senator Joseph McCarthy got a whole bunch of Americans fired from jobs because he said they were communists. There was even a blacklist in Hollywood that banished perceived left-wing job seekers from employment in the entertainment industry. That was awful and flat-out un-American. In this country, you have a right to be a communist, and nobody should punish anyone for political beliefs.

In my opinion, Kim Kardashian is a far worse role model than Ellen DeGeneres, and the Million Moms might want to check that out. Ms. Kardashian is all over the media, peddling an aggressively self-involved image that is anything but healthy to teenage girls. In fact, there are scores of media people who are celebrated for bad behavior. If the Moms want to be consistent in their outrage about dubious behavior, they are going to be very busy.

So let's leave Ellen alone and allow the marketplace to dictate exactly what Americans believe is worthy. That is the American way. Witch hunting against certain people and groups is not.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

A Gay Time at JCPenney Admin210

Back to top Go down

A Gay Time at JCPenney Empty Re: A Gay Time at JCPenney

Post by TexasBlue Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I didn't know about this. Now that I do know... I still could care less. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

A Gay Time at JCPenney Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Bernie Goldberg called this bigotry from the right. I couldn't care less about Ellen or JC Penny though.
Mark85la
Mark85la

A Gay Time at JCPenney Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:48 pm

I like Ellen! I even watch her show on those days that I don't work. I could care less that she's gay - she's good at what she does.

As for O'Reilly, that blowhard get's it wrong yet again! McCarthy didn't have a damn thing to do with getting Hollywood people fired! Apparently this moron hasn't heard that McCarthy was a SENATOR and had nothing to do with the HOUSE Un-American Activies Committee (HUAC) which held the famous show-hearings about which the left are STILL wailing!

Personally, I'd rather watch Ellen's show than Bill's, at least Ellen makes me laugh.
dblboggie
dblboggie

A Gay Time at JCPenney Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down