Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Legends

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Living Legends Empty Living Legends

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Living Legends

Bill O'Reilly
Thursday, Mar 04, 2010

Stay with me, because you are not going to believe this column. This month in Chicago, a show will honor three men as "living legends." The men are Minister Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, the former pastor of Barack Obama's church, and Father Michael Pfleger, a radical left-wing Catholic priest. The men will stand together and thousands of spectators will pay to see them.

The press release announcing the program says that the men were chosen "because of their legacy of educating, [and thus] they are being honored as Living Legends for their unfailing work and dedication."

And who, exactly, selected the three men as honorees? Uh, well, that would be Reverend Jeremiah Wright!

That's right, the good reverend is honoring himself and his bomb-throwing pals. And charging up to $100 for the event. Who gets the proceeds? Again, that would be Reverend Wright. His school and day care center will divvy up most of the dollars. Pfleger's parish and Wyclef Jean's charity will also get some cash, according to the release.

There are many interesting things about this exposition. First, it has received almost no media coverage, even though Farrakhan, speaking before a crowd of 20,000 a few days ago, accused the "white right" of planning the assassination of President Obama. The minister, wearing a Muammar Gaddafi-style hat, then went on to say that the "Zionists" were derailing the president's agenda, and white Christians were praying for Mr. Obama's death. Sounds like "living legend" stuff, doesn't it?

Also, what is a Catholic priest doing standing with Farrakhan and Wright? Catholics follow Jesus, a man who preached peace and love for all men. My staff called the Archbishop of Chicago, Francis Cardinal George, for comment. But he doesn't have a comment. Are you kidding me? I'm a Catholic—I'd like to know what's going on!

If you decide to attend the "Living Legends" event, you will hear some music from the "Soulful Sounds," and you will be able to purchase Reverend Wright's new book, "A Sankofa Moment." I don't exactly know what that is, but it sounds like a thriller. By the way, there is no truth to the rumor that Farrakhan's new book will be entitled "Marley, Me, and the Zionists."

This whole deal is pretty amusing and, even if you don't like him, you have to give Jeremiah Wright some credit. The retired minister now inhabits a million dollar house in a largely white gated community and, apparently, has some time on his hands. So, he comes up with an award ceremony that promotes his interests, and I'm betting the Chicago theater will sell out.

But as much as I'd like to, I will not be going. Somehow, I don't think old Louie, Jerry, and Mike would appreciate me sitting there as the "Living Legends" program unfolded. Just a hunch.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Living Legends Admin210

Back to top Go down

Living Legends Empty Re: Living Legends

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 am

Does O'Reilly not have anything else to do but to write stupid articles like this?

What's he implying with the 'Ghadaffi style hat'?

I find it funny that he critices this Reverend, yet I bet he'd never say anything against those preachers on TV that sell their special edition bibles, or the 'make a donation and we'll pray for you' deal.

And if you're going to accuse a priest of being far-left, you better come up with some evidence or at east explain why. Why would this priest not show up to a ceremony that honors him? And why would the Archbishop of Chicago comment on that?

Once again, O'Reilly shows his bias and ignorance.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Living Legends Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Farrahkan is a racist. He's also an anti-Semite. Wright is a racist. Pfleger is nut.

These guys are purveyors of hate. You can make all the comparisons you want. Pointing out other bad behavior doesn't justify other bad behavior. Don't make pull up quotes from these loons because i will of you wish.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Living Legends Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm not a big fan of those hardcore Christians.

Yet I've seen some of these people who Conservatives refer to as "far left"....
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Living Legends Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:26 am

Another poiint i wanted to make (and forgot) was that every time a right wing preacher (like Pat Robertson) opens his mouth and says something stupid, the media is all over it like flies on sh!t.

But these 3 kooks get a pass as usual. I did research and there was NOTHING about this event leading up to it in the Chicago media. But i bet if it was a right wing loon, that would be on Page 2 of the Chicago paper.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Living Legends Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 pm

I doubt it very much. If they guy wants to hold a ceremony, let him hold one.

And I doubt that a media with a left-wing bias, which you are ASSUMING Chicago's media has, would support a racist.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Living Legends Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down