Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gawkers

3 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Go down

Gawkers  Empty Gawkers

Post by BecMacFeegle Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:44 pm

I could not BELIEVE what happened to me today. We went to a local garden centre, and as we were walking in I heard a bloke shouting something indistinguishable. Then a plume of smoke comes wafting across the car park, so I legged it to see what was going on. A van was pulled up at the side of the road with thick smoke pouring out of the front. THEN we spot that the engine is actually on fire - quite badly on fire. There were dozens of people milling around gawping at the van, but no one appeared to be doing anything. So I quickly ran inside and asked the women if anyone had bothered to tell them that a van was on fire in their car park. They looked shocked, and it took a few seconds for it to register - but they quickly got the gist and thanked me for telling them. I got back outside to find more people had gathered. One of the staff from the centre then runs out with a fire extinguisher and puts out the flames. One man is on his mobile phone whining at the emergency services.

Then Matt tells me that when I nipped inside another woman had rushed in too. He thought that she was going to tell the staff what was going on as well - but she returned a few minutes later with her little boy. She'd only gone inside to get him so he could see the flaming van as well! I couldn't believe it. Of all the people there, no one bothered to go and try and get help inside the centre - where they would obviously have equipment for putting out a fire. One guy phones up the emergency services - but...WHY?

Ugh! Some people. Or in this instance, most bloody people.
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Gawkers  Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Gawkers  Empty Re: Gawkers

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:37 pm

You mean nobody went back home to get a blanket to fan the flames? ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Gawkers  Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 pm

They might have done, so they could keep it going until the kids arrived with cameras.
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Gawkers  Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:54 am

I couldn't believe that stupid woman who only went into the Garden Centre to get her kid. Some people...
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Gawkers  Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:48 pm

The bystander effect strikes again!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:21 am

Well at least nobody was filming it with the intent of putting it up on youtube later.

"ZOMG!!!! Best video evaa!! Van on fIre!!1!!!1!111!!!"
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Gawkers  Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:54 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:Well at least nobody was filming it with the intent of putting it up on youtube later.

"ZOMG!!!! Best video evaa!! Van on fIre!!1!!!1!111!!!"

MOAR!!!!! Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Gawkers  Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Permissions in this forum: