Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You fix the budget...

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

You fix the budget... Empty You fix the budget...

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:43 pm

TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

You fix the budget... Junmem10

Back to top Go down

You fix the budget... Empty Re: You fix the budget...

Post by dblboggie Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:41 pm

It's a cute little exercise, but it only gives one the ability to use other people's "solutions" to "fix" the budget. Many of these "solutions" are not solutions at all, particularly in the area of taxes and military spending.

There were some things I would do in that plan, but I’d actually take some of them even further than proposed. For instance, I would certainly scrap more than just the Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools; I’d eliminate the entire Dept of Education and every agency under it – that is 12 agencies. I would also take a serious look at the other 14 other Departments under the Executive Branch to see what other Departments could be scrapped wholesale or reduced dramatically. I would reduce the rest of the government workforce by at least 20 percent, and would look into making even more dramatic reductions, cutting waste and needless duplication where ever it was found. In addition to that, I would immediately decertify ALL federal public sector unions. Oh, and I would reduce ALL federal budgets (save perhaps defense and intelligence – though I would look for waste in these as well) to their 2007 levels and I would eliminate all automatic increases for inflation in those budgets.

I would completely scrap our existing income tax system and replace it with the Fair Tax. That move alone would do more to boost our economy than any other single measure one could take; with the added plus that it would be a dagger in the heart of the rampant crony capitalism our current tax system allows our federal government to practice.

Then I would privatize Social Security, allowing individuals to take the money currently being stolen by the federal government in their ongoing ponzi scheme called “social security” and allow them to place it in safe investment vehicles in their name. We could allow, say, 1/2 to 3/4 be placed in low-risk investments and allow the remainder to be invested in slightly higher risk funds. Any way you cut it, their return on a life-time of savings would far exceed the puny returns by “social security” as managed by the federal government has given them.

There are any number other number of measures we could take to cut our deficit and our federal debt. But all of these take politicians who are actually working FOR the American people and NOT for themselves and their power.

Let’s face it, this New York Times exercise is extremely biased toward the maintenance of government power, and not toward serious reforms that would reduce our deficit and debt.

I am very curious NextPrez... what would you do to reduce our deficit and debt?
dblboggie
dblboggie

You fix the budget... Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:30 pm

dblboggie wrote:In addition to that, I would immediately decertify ALL federal public sector unions.

Right on!

dblboggie wrote:I would completely scrap our existing income tax system and replace it with the Fair Tax. That move alone would do more to boost our economy than any other single measure one could take; with the added plus that it would be a dagger in the heart of the rampant crony capitalism our current tax system allows our federal government to practice.

Yeah, the politicians all say how the gov't isn't getting the revenue it needs. If they did the Fair Tax, the gov't would have so much that it wouldn't know what to do with it all. Liberals don't like that though. It keeps the class warfare thing going with the current tax system.

dblboggie wrote:I am very curious NextPrez... what would you do to reduce our deficit and debt?

That's if you even get an answer out of NextPrez. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

You fix the budget... Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:39 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:In addition to that, I would immediately decertify ALL federal public sector unions.

Right on!

Allowing public sector unions is the most insane thing a government could do! We live in the 21st century! We need unions, public and private, like I need a third tit. They are an anachronism in this day and age, the reasons for them have long since been resolved.

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:I would completely scrap our existing income tax system and replace it with the Fair Tax. That move alone would do more to boost our economy than any other single measure one could take; with the added plus that it would be a dagger in the heart of the rampant crony capitalism our current tax system allows our federal government to practice.

Yeah, the politicians all say how the gov't isn't getting the revenue it needs. If they did the Fair Tax, the gov't would have so much that it wouldn't know what to do with it all. Liberals don't like that though. It keeps the class warfare thing going with the current tax system.

Politicians don't like surrendering the enormous power our current tax system gives them to practice crony capitalism and to force political and social agenda's down peoples throats. They simply use class warfare as a means of keeping people distracted from the real problems and as a justification for keeping the tax system the way it is.

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:I am very curious NextPrez... what would you do to reduce our deficit and debt?

That's if you even get an answer out of NextPrez. ROFL

Well it was his post... I was kind of hoping to hear what he would recommend to reduce the debt and deficit.
dblboggie
dblboggie

You fix the budget... Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down