Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’ Empty George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’

Post by TexasBlue Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:20 pm

George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’

Laura Donovan
The Daily Caller
Jan. 3, 2011

To many, the biggest question surrounding the 2012 presidential election remains: Will Sarah Palin run?
Regardless of the answer, conservative columnist George Will believes Palin “cannot be elected president because she cannot compete where elections are decided.”

On ABC’s “This Week” Sunday, Will explained that Palin will have trouble getting votes in specific parts of the country.

“The president’s secret weapon may be the Republican nominating electorate,” Will said. “There is one person, high in the polls, Sarah Palin, who cannot be elected president because she cannot compete where elections are decided. In the collar counties outside Chicago, Montgomery County outside of Philadelphia — just can’t compete there.”

Will went on to suggest that former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, and South Dakota Sen. John Thune could be strong 2012 GOP presidential nominees.

Will may not think Palin can score an election victory, but he does have faith that a “balding…unimpressive” man could replace President Barack Obama if enough Americans are fed up with the Obama administration.

“I think that Americans often vote for the opposite of what has disappointed them,” Will said when asked about the potential candidacy of Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels in 2012. “If they’re disappointed with Mr. Obama, then a short, balding, unimpressive, uncharismatic competent governor might be just the thing for them.”

As it turns out, Daniels’ wife and kids are terrified of what could happen if he runs for president, according to the Tribune Star.

“It scares them to death,” Daniels said. “And it should.”
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’ Admin210

Back to top Go down

George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’ Empty Re: George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:28 am

I wonder if this might make a good formal debate Tex if you are up for it? Just sayin' Very Happy
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’ Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’ Empty Re: George Will: Palin ‘cannot be elected’

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:32 am

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I wonder if this might make a good formal debate Tex if you are up for it? Just sayin' Very Happy

Lemme give it some thought. I'm not what you call a prolific writer. My shit would be rambling and all over the place.

The other problem is that I agree with George Will. She's unelectable (at this point in time).
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 am

TexasBlue wrote:I'm not what you call a prolific writer
Eloquence doesn't matter, just structure of the argument backed up with pertinent points.

TexasBlue wrote:The other problem is that I agree with George Will. She's unelectable (at this point in time).
dblboggie seems to like her, though whether he likes her enough to feel he could argue that she would be an electable President would be for him to decide.

Besides, we must grab at the rarity of you two disagreeing on something ROFL

But I won't push you, I'm just desperate for the formal debates to succeed, and I don't to write all of them Razz
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 am

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
Eloquence doesn't matter, just structure of the argument backed up with pertinent points.

TexasBlue wrote:The other problem is that I agree with George Will. She's unelectable (at this point in time).
dblboggie seems to like her, though whether he likes her enough to feel he could argue that she would be an electable President would be for him to decide.

But I won't push you, I'm just desperate for the formal debates to succeed, and I don't to write all of them Razz

Oh, I understand.

Well, have disagreed on a few things but it's usually opinionated matters rather than policy/law/constitutional matters. For instance, he believes the GOP should ram thru a bill to repeal ObamaCare. I feel it would be a waste of time to do a total repeal..... fuck it. That's a debate in itself. I'm not revealing my position. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:

I like her, but there's not a chance that she could win as things sit today. Besides, there are far too many unknowns, even now, about her positions on a host of issues important to me. And then there was that unfortunate backing of Sen McCain in his reelection bid.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:24 pm

She has some decisive issues for many conservatives. She's good on many other issues but I think she's good for what she's been doing.

If she was a VP candidate behind a stronger presidential candidate (like Gov. Christie), she wouldn't be such an issue.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down