Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arguing The FairTax On Fox Business Last Night

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Arguing The FairTax On Fox Business Last Night Empty Arguing The FairTax On Fox Business Last Night

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:23 am

Arguing The FairTax On Fox Business Last Night

Neal Boortz
January 19, 2011

First... here's your link. Watch it and you'll feel my frustration.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if once ... just once ... I could appear on some tv show to discuss the FairTax with people who have actually read the book or the legislation and have even a modicum of a clue as to how it would work? That video above is from my appearance last night on "Follow the Money" on the Fox Business channel.

Was the host interested in how the FairTax would grow our economy and create the jobs we need so badly? Nope. He was only interested in how our government would get some extra money if the Mexicans decided to invade across the border.

(1) They're already invading and apparently we don't want to do anything about it at all;

(2) in the short term you either cut spending, borrow or raise taxes?

But come on folks? Is that really a serious discussion of the FairTax? And then I had to deal with this
obtuse Democrat strategist named Leslie Marshall. She said that the FairTax was a boon to the rich and had no understanding of the concept of an inclusive sales tax. I tried to explain that under the FairTax
nobody would have to pay a penny to the federal government until they had taken care of their family's basic needs. Deer in headlights.

These shows are more about presenting confrontation on the air than they are about providing information.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Arguing The FairTax On Fox Business Last Night Admin210

Back to top Go down