Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act Empty United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Voted on Feb. 9th and it failed: Republicans 236 Yea to Democrats 167 Nay

Under a vote that required a two-thirds majority, the House failed to pass this bill that would establish as United States policy that the United Nations should return $179 million overpaid into the U.N. Tax Equalization Fund as of Dec. 31, 2009, and that the U.S. should press the U.N. to change its fund assessment procedures to reduce discrepancies. The future of the bill is unclear.

Now, what I want to know is what kind of politicians overpay for UN stuff and then refuse to ask for the money back? Why?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act Admin210

Back to top Go down

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act Empty Re: United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act

Post by dblboggie Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:41 pm

Look at the vote totals... apparently the kind of politicians that call themselves Democrats. The "why" is a whole other matter.
dblboggie
dblboggie

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act Senmem10

Back to top Go down

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act Empty Re: United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act

Post by TexasBlue Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't understand it personally. I got the bill description from Congress.org, so it's a non-partisan description of the bill. Maybe there's more to than we know. I doubt it but it's possible. I did a search and couldn't find squat.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I don't understand it personally. I got the bill description from Congress.org, so it's a non-partisan description of the bill. Maybe there's more to than we know. I doubt it but it's possible. I did a search and couldn't find squat.

I am going to bet that this is almost certainly due to the US being in arrears on their UN dues (and personally, I wouldn't give them a red-fucking-cent till they cleaned up their act). This is exactly the sort of reason the Democrats would oppose this bill - they are very pro-UN - naturally.
dblboggie
dblboggie

United Nations Tax Equalization Refund Act Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down