Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails

4 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails Empty Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails

Associated Press
Thursday, March 10, 2011

MADISON (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Justice is investigating an e-mail threatening the lives of some Republican state senators.

DOJ spokesman William Cosh says the agency is investigating threats from several sources.

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says all threatening messages have been forwarded to Capitol police.

The majority leader's spokesman, Andrew Welhouse, says the address of the person who sent one of the threatening e-mails was apparent, but police told him not to disclose it.

The e-mail said Fitzgerald and his "Republican dictators" must die because of their actions, presumably referring to GOP senators passing a bill removing most public employees' collective bargaining rights.

Fitzgerald says a protester was arrested this week for trespassing at his Dodge County home after she walked onto his porch and banged on the window.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails Admin210

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails Empty Re: Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:46 pm

The e-mail below.......

Sent: Wed 3/9/2011 9:18 PM
To: Sen.Kapanke; Sen.Darling; Sen.Cowles; Sen.Ellis; Sen.Fitzgerald; Sen.Galloway; Sen.Grothman; Sen.Harsdorf; Sen.Hopper; Sen.Kedzie; Sen.Lasee; Sen.Lazich; Sen.Leibham; Sen.Moulton; Sen.Olsen

Subject: Atten: Death threat!!!! Bomb!!!!

Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your familes will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks. Please explain to them that this is because if we get rid of you and your families then it will save the rights of 300,000 people and also be able to close the deficit that you have created. I hope you have a good time in hell. Read below for more information on possible scenarios in which you will die.

WE want to make this perfectly clear. Because of your actions today and in the past couple of weeks I and the group of people that are working with me have decided that we've had enough. We feel that you and the people that support the dictator have to die. We have tried many other ways of dealing with your corruption but you have taken things too far and we will not stand for it any longer. So, this is how it's going to happen: I as well as many others know where you and your family live, it's a matter of public records.

We have all planned to assult you by arriving at your house and putting a nice little bullet in your head. However, we decided that we wouldn't leave it there. We also have decided that this may not be enough to send the message to you since you are so "high" on Koch and have decided that you are now going to single handedly make this a dictatorship instead of a demorcratic process. So we have also built several bombs that we have placed in various locations around the areas in which we know that you frequent.

This includes, your house, your car, the state capitol, and well I won't tell you all of them because that's just no fun. Since we know that you are not smart enough to figure out why this is happening to you we have decided to make it perfectly clear to you. If you and your goonies feel that it's necessary to strip the rights of 300,000 people and ruin their lives, making them unable to feed, clothe, and provide the necessities to their families and themselves then We Will "get rid of" (in which I mean kill) you. Please understand that this does not include the heroic Rep. Senator that risked everything to go aganist what you and your goonies wanted him to do. We feel that it's worth our lives to do this, because we would be saving the lives of 300,000 people. Please make your peace with God as soon as possible and say goodbye to your loved ones we will not wait any longer. YOU WILL DIE!!!!

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/charliesykes/117726263.html?blog=y

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2011/03/detailed-death-threats-against-wisconsin-lawmakers/
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails Empty Re: Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:50 pm

I'll be watching the evening news to see if this even gets a blip of a mention. The bad part is that I can only watch one broadcast at a time.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:54 pm

There are cranks in every section of society.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:03 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:There are cranks in every section of society.

This is very true and accurate. But our media here conveniently ignores certain things. I know you groan when we say this but it's true. The media had right wingers in the hock over Gabby Giffords' shooting with no damn evidence to go by. This bullshit went on for days and then disappeared like it never happened. If this news here doesn't get within the first 5 minutes of tonight's broadcasts, then I rest my case (again).

Btw, Giffords is a babe. Just wanted that on record. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:16 pm

What's going on in Wisconsin has barely been mentioned on CNN. I've had to go to MSNBC to keep up. It's too bad too considering the importance of this issue. Not to mention the end of democracy as we've known it. So much for the "left-wing media bias", eh? Razz

Of course, the threats are un-called for. But what about what the Governor and the Wisconsin GOP'ers are doing? They decided to play their game by their rules and now they're paying for it. Once again, what is happening is nothing more than a smoke-screen for the Republicans to do away with unions (etc.) in the name of "fiscal responsibilty". Once again, the Republicans are only interested in pushing their own agenda, no matter what the cost to everyone. They should be ashamed! Whistle

Last edited by i_luv_miley on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : kant spel agin)
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:25 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:There are cranks in every section of society.

This is very true and accurate. But our media here conveniently ignores certain things. I know you groan when we say this but it's true. The media had right wingers in the hock over Gabby Giffords' shooting with no damn evidence to go by. This bullshit went on for days and then disappeared like it never happened. If this news here doesn't get within the first 5 minutes of tonight's broadcasts, then I rest my case (again).

Btw, Giffords is a babe. Just wanted that on record. Big Grin
That "ignoring inconvenient facts" isn't just limited to the left wing media. Over here, The Daily Mail and The Daily Telegraph ignore stories that are inconvenient to their anti-science tirades, specifically their anti climate science bias. Both sides are guilty. I will never understand how you equate "not mainstream" with "more honest" or "more balanced". Bullshit is bullshit, whether it appeals to our prejudice or against them.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:35 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:What's going on in Wisconsin has barely been mentioned on CNN. I've had to go to MSNBC to keep up. It's too bad too considering the importance of this issue. Not to mention the end of democracy as we've known it. So much for the "left-wing media bias", eh? Razz
Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails 404792 Democracy as we know it? Please explain this one, would you?

i_luv_miley wrote:Of course, the threats are un-called for. But what about what the Governor and the Wisconsin GOP'ers are doing? They decided to play their game by their rules and now they're paying for it.
Where were you when the Democrats were ramming the HC bill thru back in 2009? They decided to play their game by their rules and they paid for it at the ballot box last November.

i_luv_miley wrote:Once again, what is happening is nothing more than a smoke-screen for the Republicans to do away with unions (etc.) in the name of "fiscal responsibilty". Once again, the Republicans are only interested in pushing their own agenda, no matter what the cost to everyone. They should be ashamed! Whistle
And again, you said this in another thread regarding "doing away" with unions. That is blatantly false. Prove me otherwise, please.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:38 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:That "ignoring inconvenient facts" isn't just limited to the left wing media. Over here, The Daily Mail and The Daily Telegraph ignore stories that are inconvenient to their anti-science tirades, specifically their anti climate science bias. Both sides are guilty. I will never understand how you equate "not mainstream" with "more honest" or "more balanced". Bullshit is bullshit, whether it appeals to our prejudice or against them.

I understand all that and concur. But again, here in this country not everyone gets cable TV. Even those who do, don't watch the news. Many people watch the nightly network news (CBS, NBC and ABC). If they aren't mentioning something, people don't know about it. It's that simple. I watch ABC Nightly News every evening like clockwork. I see what they aren't reporting.

Btw, those 3 networks get more viewers than Fox News does.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by i_luv_miley Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:04 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:What's going on in Wisconsin has barely been mentioned on CNN. I've had to go to MSNBC to keep up. It's too bad too considering the importance of this issue. Not to mention the end of democracy as we've known it. So much for the "left-wing media bias", eh? Razz
Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails 404792 Democracy as we know it? Please explain this one, would you?
It's self-explanatory. When the people aren't allowed a voice, as was the case in Wisconsin, then democracy fails.

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:Of course, the threats are un-called for. But what about what the Governor and the Wisconsin GOP'ers are doing? They decided to play their game by their rules and now they're paying for it.
Where were you when the Democrats were ramming the HC bill thru back in 2009? They decided to play their game by their rules and they paid for it at the ballot box last November.
I was bitching and moaning about how Obama had already caved too much to the GOP by removing the public option, thereby making the bill completely irrelevant. True, the Democrats rammed the bill through anyway. At least that way they could claim a political victory. But by that time, the bill was rendered useless. And that was the GOP's (and Obama's) doing.

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:Once again, what is happening is nothing more than a smoke-screen for the Republicans to do away with unions (etc.) in the name of "fiscal responsibilty". Once again, the Republicans are only interested in pushing their own agenda, no matter what the cost to everyone. They should be ashamed! Whistle
And again, you said this in another thread regarding "doing away" with unions. That is blatantly false. Prove me otherwise, please.
Simple. The GOP has preached "jobs" but when they were given another chance by the voters, they instead push their ideology. It's GOP hypocrisy. Again. The governor of Wisconsin did it. Peter King is doing it. And Boehner is doing it. They don't practice what they preach. It's all rhetoric.
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Wisconsin state GOP senators receive death threat e-mails Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:12 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:
It's self-explanatory. When the people aren't allowed a voice, as was the case in Wisconsin, then democracy fails.

Bleh. That's not a very good explanation. If they weren't given a voice, then how does it work? Huh? Elections. People get tired of a party doing this or that and they make a change.

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:Where were you when the Democrats were ramming the HC bill thru back in 2009? They decided to play their game by their rules and they paid for it at the ballot box last November.
I was bitching and moaning about how Obama had already caved too much to the GOP by removing the public option, thereby making the bill completely irrelevant. True, the Democrats rammed the bill through anyway. At least that way they could claim a political victory. But by that time, the bill was rendered useless. And that was the GOP's (and Obama's) doing.

The GOP did nothing. I've repeated this time and time again in here. Maybe you missed it. They tried to offer up amendments to the bill and they were NOT allowed to make amendments to it. I can post the amendments (over 30) that they offered and were rebuked. The HC bill was all the Democrats doing. 100%.

TexasBlue wrote:
i_luv_miley wrote:And again, you said this in another thread regarding "doing away" with unions. That is blatantly false. Prove me otherwise, please.
Simple. The GOP has preached "jobs" but when they were given another chance by the voters, they instead push their ideology. It's GOP hypocrisy. Again. The governor of Wisconsin did it. Peter King is doing it. And Boehner is doing it. They don't practice what they preach. It's all rhetoric.

That doesn't explain how the governor is doing way with unions. Please offer up something more.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Nothing mentioned at all on ABC. My local station here mentioned it in passing. So much for reporting the other side of civility.

I'm sorry but it hacks me off to no end.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:19 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Nothing mentioned at all on ABC. My local station here mentioned it in passing. So much for reporting the other side of civility.

I'm sorry but it hacks me off to no end.

Not a peep about it on the NBC Nightly News... and my local station's evening news broadcast on it either.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm

DOJ has suspect behind two Republican death threats

LaCrosse Tribune
Friday, March 11, 2011

The Wisconsin Department of Justice says it has identified a person behind at least two threats made against elected officials in recent weeks.

The suspect admitted to sending two e-mails threatening to kill Gov. Scott Walker and seven Republican Senators, presumably including La Crosse's Dan Kapanke.

The case will be presented to the district attorney where the threat originated, according to the DOJ, which did not identify the suspect.

"If you and your goonies feel that it's necessary to strip the rights of 300,000 people and ruin their lives," one e-mail read, "We will ‘get rid of' (in which I mean kill) the 8 of you."

The DOJ did not specify who received the message.

Kapanke, who was not immediately available today, said Thursday he was the subject of two e-mailed threats, which he called "disgusting."

He said he was concerned for his family but didn't plan to drastically alter his routine.

"I'm a pretty trusting guy," he said. "I love to be with people. I'm going to continue to do that but be a little more cautious."
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down