Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party

5 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Empty Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party

Post by TexasBlue Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Classy guy.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Admin210

Back to top Go down

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Empty Re: Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party

Post by dblboggie Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Oh... that's nothing... check out this Tea Party protest in Portland, OR and the guys there opposing the Tea Party...

There's yer new civility on the left, eh? Half Grin
dblboggie
dblboggie

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Empty Re: Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party

Post by dblboggie Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:17 pm

And then there's this nice piece of work at the same protest...

dblboggie
dblboggie

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Unreal.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:49 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Unreal.

Yep. And of course nary a peep in the mainstream media on this stuff. No hand-wringing articles on the lack of civility and all that.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:03 pm

I guess the Tea Party activists are too busy polishing their halos to ever indulge in this sort of behaviour. Seriously guys, there are personal insults being flung by both sides. You complain about how the media only focuses on the wrongdoing of the Tea Party and ignoring the extreme fringe on their own side, but I don't see media outlets on that side condemning the actions of the extreme fringe of their own side either.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:38 pm

That's because the Democrats are not wackos.
they may be corrupt but their not wackos like the tea party
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:11 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I guess the Tea Party activists are too busy polishing their halos to ever indulge in this sort of behaviour. Seriously guys, there are personal insults being flung by both sides. You complain about how the media only focuses on the wrongdoing of the Tea Party and ignoring the extreme fringe on their own side, but I don't see media outlets on that side condemning the actions of the extreme fringe of their own side either.

I am more than happy to review any corroborating video you might wish to produce.

And I have frequently seen right-leaning media condemn extremists on the right. Of course, you would have to be a frequent listener/viewer/reader of said right-leaning media to know this. Being a consumer of media on both sides of the isle, I feel fairly confident in saying that the mainstream media is far, far more reticent to report on things like the videos you see above (if not downright refusing to cover them), than the alternative media is to report on the ill-behavior of those on the right.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 pm

TheNextPrez2012 wrote:That's because the Democrats are not wackos.
they may be corrupt but their not wackos like the tea party

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  59sxmw

Sure... they're not wackos... Whistle
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:47 pm

And silence being heard... Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  2m3ny29
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 am

dblboggie wrote:
The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I guess the Tea Party activists are too busy polishing their halos to ever indulge in this sort of behaviour. Seriously guys, there are personal insults being flung by both sides. You complain about how the media only focuses on the wrongdoing of the Tea Party and ignoring the extreme fringe on their own side, but I don't see media outlets on that side condemning the actions of the extreme fringe of their own side either.

I am more than happy to review any corroborating video you might wish to produce.
No particular examples but clearly there is a lunatic fringe and a racist element to the Tea Party. Pictures and videos have been posted before.

dblboggie wrote:And I have frequently seen right-leaning media condemn extremists on the right.
Yet you provide no examples. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

dblboggie wrote:Of course, you would have to be a frequent listener/viewer/reader of said right-leaning media to know this.
And as somebody who goes out of his way to avoid "mainstream media" because of a perceived "liberal bias", how do you know they do not highlight and condemn the lunatic/violent fringe of the anti Tea Party movement?

dblboggie wrote:Being a consumer of media on both sides of the [a]isle, I feel fairly confident in saying that the mainstream media is far, far more reticent to report on things like the videos you see above (if not downright refusing to cover them), than the alternative media is to report on the ill-behavior of those on the right.
I really only have your word for that. I welcome the views of American centrists and liberals on this issue...

I can't say I follow your news media very much, I find it all a little too... I don't know... sensationalist and polarised and perhaps putting style over substance?
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 am

dblboggie wrote:And silence being heard... Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  2m3ny29
I'm not running away if that is what you were implying. This is the first time I have been online for 48 hours. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and just vegged out last night after work before getting a very early night.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
dblboggie wrote:And silence being heard... Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  2m3ny29
I'm not running away if that is what you were implying. This is the first time I have been online for 48 hours. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and just vegged out last night after work before getting a very early night.

Naw, it's just lonely when he comes in. The rest of us are sleeping. Big Grin
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 pm

dblboggie wrote:
No particular examples but clearly there is a lunatic fringe and a racist element to the Tea Party. Pictures and videos have been posted before.

No doubt... there are lunatics to be found in any large groups of people... the math is on your side there. I'm just saying I've yet to see the video produced that is the equivalent of what we see above and what I've seen many, many times when leftists protest.

For example, a thing that the media always ignores is the mess that leftist protesters leave behind... the trash strewn about and what not. They likewise ignore the fact that at nearly every Tea Party protest or rally, when it is done the location at which it occurred is spotless and often cleaner that it was when they arrived. So, lunatic fringe or no, as a group the Tea Party is at a minimum more socially responsible with respect to littering than leftist organizations.

At any rate, I would love to see any video that anyone can produce that shows behavior by Tea Party protesters that even remotely resembles what we routinely see on the left.

dblboggie wrote:And I have frequently seen right-leaning media condemn extremists on the right.
Yet you provide no examples. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

I'm thrashed after a long day of work and school... do you mind if I pass this off to Tex to provide? I know this is true because I have heard and read and watched conservative media decrying the extremists on the right, but I just have no juice left to dig these out.

dblboggie wrote:Of course, you would have to be a frequent listener/viewer/reader of said right-leaning media to know this.
And as somebody who goes out of his way to avoid "mainstream media" because of a perceived "liberal bias", how do you know they do not highlight and condemn the lunatic/violent fringe of the anti Tea Party movement?

Actually, I don't really go out of my way to avoid the mainstream media. I monitor that media on a daily basis just from force of habit (from my PR days). It's pretty much a waste of time and only raises my blood pressure - but I do it because it's the responsible thing to do.

dblboggie wrote:Being a consumer of media on both sides of the [a]isle, I feel fairly confident in saying that the mainstream media is far, far more reticent to report on things like the videos you see above (if not downright refusing to cover them), than the alternative media is to report on the ill-behavior of those on the right.
I really only have your word for that. I welcome the views of American centrists and liberals on this issue...

American liberals will tell you that the mainstream media is too conservative - as insane as that sounds, I've actually seen that stated. The centrists will likely take a centrist position on it - neither yes nor no. Personally I do not view the centrist position as being a good thing. This is not to say that there is not merit in considering both sides of an issue and weighing the relative merits of both... this is the sanest way of approaching any issue. But with many "centrists" there is no base or core position against which to evaluate any given issue. It seems to be a group that is rather fickle - hence a President Obama - who is about as far from "centrist" as one has ever gotten in American Presidential politics.

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I can't say I follow your news media very much, I find it all a little too... I don't know... sensationalist and polarised and perhaps putting style over substance?

Oh yeah... I'm right there with you. Our mainstream media is largely useless... and the news anchors are referred to as "the talent" as though they were just entertainers and not journalists. They are definitely putting style over substance! You have nailed it.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by kronos Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:32 am

I know that place in Portland.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that a lot of those protesters (in Portland at least) are homeless and/or mentally ill.

kronos

Anti tea party person's profane response to 14yr old girl giving speech Madison tea party  Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:21 pm

kronos wrote:I know that place in Portland.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that a lot of those protesters (in Portland at least) are homeless and/or mentally ill.

I organized and held a major event in that place - Pioneer Courthouse Square - in Portland, and actually, if I'm recalling correctly, the homeless and/or mentally ill people largely inhabit the part of the city on the eastern side of the Willamette. (I lived there for about 6 months back in the mid-80's.)
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by kronos Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Well, they're on both sides. The east side is bigger and more populous, so there might be more homeless people there (though I'm not sure about that), but the core area of downtown is on the west side (where Pioneer Square is), so you're more likely to see more homeless people in a single area at any given time. They're more densely packed downtown. At least that's my impression.

Also, I'm sure there were many sane, no-homeless people at that event. But I look at that guy who was saying "God damn America! God shit on America!" and it's hard to escape the feeling that there's something very wrong with him.

kronos

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:18 pm

kronos wrote:Well, they're on both sides. The east side is bigger and more populous, so there might be more homeless people there (though I'm not sure about that), but the core area of downtown is on the west side (where Pioneer Square is), so you're more likely to see more homeless people in a single area at any given time. They're more densely packed downtown. At least that's my impression.

I'm trying to recall exactly where it is (I'm getting old and it's been years since I lived there), but I think it's someplace on the lower east side of Portland where the homeless density was greatest - it was almost like L.A.'s skid row in that section of Portland. I can remember driving down the streets and being struck by the sheer number of them. I also recall that there was some kind of backstory to why there were so many homeless there in Portland, but I forget the details of that.

kronos wrote:Also, I'm sure there were many sane, no-homeless people at that event. But I look at that guy who was saying "God damn America! God shit on America!" and [color=darkred]it's hard to escape the feeling that there's something very wrong with him.

I'd proffer a theory, but I know better than that... Snicker
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down