Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Papers please?

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Papers please? Empty Papers please?

Post by TexasBlue Tue May 04, 2010 11:38 am

Your Papers Please

Jonah Goldberg
National Review
May 03, 2010

Rep. Luis Gutierrez on Face the Nation yesterday seemed to be saying that he favors a national ID card. He seems to be saying the same thing here.

Here's what I don't get. What is the point of having a national ID card if it amounts to Gestapo tactics for anyone from the government to ask to see it? I mean, aren't both perfectly obvious examples of asking for someone's "papers"? What on earth is the difference between an ID card and a Social Security or Green Card in this context?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Papers please? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Papers please? Empty Re: Papers please?

Post by TexasBlue Tue May 04, 2010 11:39 am

Asking for proof of citizenship makes you "a Nazi" according to many on the left in the last few days. But asking for your national ID card makes you... a progressive? ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Papers please? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue May 04, 2010 12:42 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Your Papers Please

Jonah Goldberg
National Review
May 03, 2010

Rep. Luis Gutierrez on Face the Nation yesterday seemed to be saying that he favors a national ID card. He seems to be saying the same thing here.

Here's what I don't get. What is the point of having a national ID card if it amounts to Gestapo tactics for anyone from the government to ask to see it? I mean, aren't both perfectly obvious examples of asking for someone's "papers"? What on earth is the difference between an ID card and a Social Security or Green Card in this context?
Zanu-Labour have been hell-bent on introducing a national ID card for the last 5 years and people here have been asking the same thing. We have data proving who we are on our driving licenses and passports and many other documents.

The Tories have promised to throw out this ridiculous white elephant if they win the election.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Papers please? Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue May 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Yep! The left here is pushing it and some liberal Republicans have also. I think Bush was in support of it, too. I can't remember... since it never came up for serious legislative talks.

All we need is a fool-proof Social Security card here. This Nat'l ID sh!t is a serious violation of liberty, imo.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Papers please? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down