Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media bias

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Media bias Empty Media bias

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Media bias

Neal Boortz
June 21, 2011

A UCLA professor has written a book analyzing the political influence in media reporting. The professor Tim Groseclose claims that "all mainstream news outlets have a liberal bias in their reporting that makes even moderate organizations appear out of the mainstream and decidedly right-wing to news consumers who are influenced by the slant,” according to US News and World Report. The Drudge Report is one of the most centrist, according to Groseclose’s conservative-to-liberal 0-100 rating. Here’s a look at how some of the ObamaMedia news organizations ranked:

• New York Times - 73.7
  • CBS Evening News - 73.7
  • NPR Morning Edition - 66.3
  • U.S. News & World Report - 65.8
  • Drudge Report - 60.4
  • ABC Good Morning America - 56.1
  • Washington Times - 35.4

Groseclose also says, "Media bias aids Democratic candidates by about 8 to 10 percentage points in a typical election. I find, for instance, that if media bias didn't exist, John McCain would have defeated Barack Obama 56 percent to 42 percent, instead of losing 53-46."

I’m not sure if John McCain ever had a shot in beating The Chosen One, but I can absolutely believe that the media bias does affect elections results by some percentage.

I can’t help but wonder at this point if anyone has ever done a study on what percentage gains the Republicans might get out of support from Limbaugh and Hannity – the Gods of talk radio.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Media bias Admin210

Back to top Go down

Media bias Empty Re: Media bias

Post by dblboggie Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Not exactly what I'd call "breaking news" is it?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Media bias Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm

dblboggie wrote:Not exactly what I'd call "breaking news" is it?

Heck, all this time I thought they were always fair. Hysterical
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Media bias Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum