Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats Empty Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats

Post by TexasBlue Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats

Floyd and Mary Beth Brown
June 25, 2011

Speculation is running rampant about why House Majority Leader Eric Cantor walked out of debt ceiling talks with Democrats. Most of the speculation is credited by pundits to insider maneuvering between Speaker John Boehner and Cantor. The Washington Post reports debt deal maneuvering this way. One analysis of the House GOP right now is that there are two players in the GOP who can cut a budget deal: Eric Cantor and John Boehner. One of them is going to have to do it. Which means one of them is going to lose his job. The optimistic take is that what we're seeing right now is a game of musical chairs over which one of them it'll be.

Our analysis is different, and the Washington media will never understand it. The GOP's inability to make deals is a direct result of the effectiveness of the Tea Party Movement. Washington media always wants a deal between the forces for permanent government growth. For the first time in our lifetime the forces in support of actually limiting government have gained power. John Boehner and Eric Cantor understand this new dynamic. The very future of the Republican Party depends on it.

Clearly, John Boehner is frustrated by the new political realities. He wants to play golf with President Obama on the weekends and make nice with him during the week. Boehner has done his best to strong arm Republicans into forfeiting their only budget leverage and vote to raise the debt ceiling. His problem is he doesn't have the votes, and a speaker that cannot pass legislation is doomed to be replaced.

Republican members of Congress have been flooded by messages from citizens to not raise the debt limit. They pour in daily by fax, FedEx, mail and telephone. Citizens intuitively understand that the solution to a debt problem is not more debt. The solution to the problem needs to come in the form of budget cuts. The Tea Party Caucus, Michelle Bachmann and a movement called 'Cut, Cap, Balance' are winning the battle inside the Republican Party. Tea Party leaders are threatening to bolt the Republican cause if Boehner and Cantor don't produce an acceptable deal. The mainstream media, like usual is oblivious.

The rubber meets the road in a new poll by the Rasmussen organization. This poll shows that Republicans have everything to lose by disappointing the Tea Party. If the Tea party begins to field candidates against Republicans, Republicans go down in flames. According to Rasmussen, three way races will break down like this: Democrat 36 percent, Republicans 25 percent, and Tea Party 17 percent.

The Tea Party candidates will draw votes from the Republicans, and the Democrats in this scenario could pick up as many as 40 seats in the House of Representatives. Obama and the Democrats know this and that is why they won't even give Boehner and Cantor a fig leaf of cover on taxes. Biden and the Democrats in the debt limit talks therefore have been demanding a tax increase as the price they require to get even modest spending cuts.

So the real dynamic isn't an intramural squabble between Boehner and Canter. The real fight is for the soul of the Republican Party. Tea Party activists gave Republicans the majority by supporting their candidates for Congress in 2010. If the Republican leaders raise the debt limit, the Tea Party likely will bolt in 2012. It only takes a few Tea Party voters to demolish Republican candidates on the margins, and Tea Party leaders have never felt comfortable in their alliance anyway.

We personally look at this as victory for the people. The Republican/Democrat big government duopoly has run the country unchallenged for too long. The Tea Party activists need to stick to their guns and bring the Republican Party to its knees. If Boehner, Canter and company cave and vote to increase the debt limit, they deserve to lose power.

Scare tactics by the establishment elite in DC and Wall Street must be ignored and sanity must return to government spending. Right now is the time in history to achieve this victory. Thank you, Tea Party.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats Admin210

Back to top Go down

Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats Empty Re: Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats

Post by dblboggie Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:28 pm

I am so disappointed in Boehner as Speaker of the House. I had really hoped that the sweeping rout of Democrats in 2010 would have gotten his attention and added some steel to his spine. Sadly, it has not.

He, and the Republican Party, are skating on very thin ice.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats Empty Re: Americans to Learn if Republicans Differ from Democrats

Post by TexasBlue Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:38 pm

dblboggie wrote:I am so disappointed in Boehner as Speaker of the House. I had really hoped that the sweeping rout of Democrats in 2010 would have gotten his attention and added some steel to his spine. Sadly, it has not.

Yeah. The worst part of this is that it could split the vote in 2012, give us another round of a Dem controlled congress and another 4 years of Obama.

Of course, the left is hoping for this, I'm sure.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:38 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:I am so disappointed in Boehner as Speaker of the House. I had really hoped that the sweeping rout of Democrats in 2010 would have gotten his attention and added some steel to his spine. Sadly, it has not.

Yeah. The worst part of this is that it could split the vote in 2012, give us another round of a Dem controlled congress and another 4 years of Obama.

Of course, the left is hoping for this, I'm sure.

America could not survive another 4 years with the Democrats in total control. I know this sounds like purely partisan hyperbole, but I do not believe it to be. We have seen the lengths they are willing to go to to realize their extreme leftist agenda. Another round of Democrat control would cement ObamaCare and Dodd/Frank in place, give us cap-and-trade, card check, higher taxes and an explosive growth in government size and power not to mention an equally devastating explosion in debt. The economy would completely buckle under a renewed tsunami of regulations and taxes.

So I have resolved that no matter who gets the nomination in the Republican primary race, I will be voting for them in the general election. Even a RINO would be better than Obama.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 pm

dblboggie wrote:America could not survive another 4 years with the Democrats in total control. I know this sounds like purely partisan hyperbole, but I do not believe it to be. We have seen the lengths they are willing to go to to realize their extreme leftist agenda. Another round of Democrat control would cement ObamaCare and Dodd/Frank in place, give us cap-and-trade, card check, higher taxes and an explosive growth in government size and power not to mention an equally devastating explosion in debt. The economy would completely buckle under a renewed tsunami of regulations and taxes.

So I have resolved that no matter who gets the nomination in the Republican primary race, I will be voting for them in the general election. Even a RINO would be better than Obama.

I'm of the persuasion that a divided govt (split) is better than any party having total control. Each party has shown what dunces they are when they've had complete control of congress and the WH.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:14 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:America could not survive another 4 years with the Democrats in total control. I know this sounds like purely partisan hyperbole, but I do not believe it to be. We have seen the lengths they are willing to go to to realize their extreme leftist agenda. Another round of Democrat control would cement ObamaCare and Dodd/Frank in place, give us cap-and-trade, card check, higher taxes and an explosive growth in government size and power not to mention an equally devastating explosion in debt. The economy would completely buckle under a renewed tsunami of regulations and taxes.

I'm of the persuasion that a divided govt (split) is better than any party having total control. Each party has shown what dunces they are when they've had complete control of congress and the WH.

Normally, I would say that I could see the validity of this viewpoint. But we are living in anything but normal times. If the Tea Party can keep the pressure on, I believe that we would best benefit from a complete reversal of the political situation we found ourselves in after the 2008 election cycle with Democrats in complete control of both Houses of congress and the White House. We need true conservatives to be able to exert their influence in both Houses and the White House. Anything less will not result in the reforms that must be effected if we are to survive as a constitutional republic with a free market capitalist economy.

Sorry, but we cannot afford a divided government now. We'll be lucky to hang on with the divided government we now have.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:49 pm

I'll still have to disagree. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We've seen it time and again. The best I could hope for is a Repub prez and GOP controlled House.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:06 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I'll still have to disagree. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We've seen it time and again. The best I could hope for is a Repub prez and GOP controlled House.

That will not get ObamaCare or Dodd/Frank repealed. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Thumbs Up
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down