Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Empty Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:20 am

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots

Associated Press
October 16, 2011

ROME - Rome is tallying up the costs a day after rioters hijacked a peaceful protest and smashed bank and store windows, tore up sidewalks and torched vehicles.

Mayor Gianni Alemanno told reporters Sunday that repairs to public buses, streets and sidewalks will cost at least euro1 million ($1.4 million). Hooded protesters infiltrated a march Saturday by tens of thousands of peaceful protesters worried about the suffering caused by the global financial crisis.

The protesters, some wearing gas masks, ripped up cobblestones and slabs of sidewalk to hurl at police and buildings, and smashed windows with hammers. Police battled back with water hoses and tear gas. Protesters also stormed into a church, tore a crucifix off the wall and smashed a statue of the Virgin Mary.

Alemanno called the rioters "animals."
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Admin210

Back to top Go down

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Empty Re: Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:24 am

It is sad to see such apathy for this behavior. This group in Rome did not "hijack a peaceful movement." These people are the "movement" and are the same as the ones we have here. The media is either accomplice to this or extremely naive. I default to the former.

But on an aside, Wall Street is filthy rich. So is Bill Clinton and Hollywood. Anyone protesting that???? These protesters feel entitled to other peoples money and property. They have no respect for it. As they create damage, they expect someone else to clean up after them and pay for it. Valuable tax dollars that they so desperately seek to enrich their lives will now be spent repairing the damage. Makes no sense, but neither do these protesters. Do you think if this happened during a Tea Party rally that the press would say that "outsiders" were the trouble makers? Ha Ha. Riiiiiight.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Admin210

Back to top Go down

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Empty Re: Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots

Post by dblboggie Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:30 pm

You really need to get ahold of Ann Coulter's latest book Tex.

If want to understand why it is that liberal mobs so frequently resort to violence (and why conservative gatherings do not) you'll pick up a copy from the local library (like I did) and give it a read.

It's not a long book but it is a real eye opener and well worth reading.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:42 pm

dblboggie wrote:You really need to get ahold of Ann Coulter's latest book Tex.

If want to understand why it is that liberal mobs so frequently resort to violence (and why conservative gatherings do not) you'll pick up a copy from the local library (like I did) and give it a read.

Easily explained:

The left has many extremist groups that are glad to rub their beliefs in people's faces any chance they get. Like I said in the other post, anarchists, communists, environmentalists, etc. are always there at rallies that are a little left of center, even if the demands have nothing to do with their own.
A couple of months ago, there was a rally in Munich against Nuclear Power (it was right after Fukushima). I went to it just to see what was going on, it was something to do after work after all. I stood outside the crowd so that I wouldn't be grouped in with them and just in case shit started popping off, I had an easy exit way. So as I stood there and the plaza started filling with people holding signs that said "Nuclear Power? No thanks!" there were also several signs with other messages: "Down with Capitalism", "Class Warfare Now", "ANTIFA", "Save the Environment", "End the Wars", bla bla bla... those things had nothing to do with the original rallye, but these people obviously thought it was a good place to flaunt their own beliefs. The rallye was organized by a political party called "The Greens". They are anti-nuclear power and anti-lots of other stuff, but they have thoroughly distanced themselves from "The Left" party or even the Social Democrats. They don't agree with the Antifa movement and the "down with capitalism" bullshit, but these people still showed up at their rallys.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:16 pm

I can appreciate that, Bubbles, but over here it looks as though it's all-for-one.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:02 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
dblboggie wrote:You really need to get ahold of Ann Coulter's latest book Tex.

Easily explained:

The left has many extremist groups that are glad to rub their beliefs in people's faces any chance they get. Like I said in the other post, anarchists, communists, environmentalists, etc. are always there at rallies that are a little left of center, even if the demands have nothing to do with their own.
A couple of months ago, there was a rally in Munich against Nuclear Power (it was right after Fukushima). I went to it just to see what was going on, it was something to do after work after all. I stood outside the crowd so that I wouldn't be grouped in with them and just in case shit started popping off, I had an easy exit way. So as I stood there and the plaza started filling with people holding signs that said "Nuclear Power No thanks!" there were also several signs with other messages: "Down with Capitalism", "Class Warfare Now", "ANTIFA", "Save the Environment", "End the Wars", bla bla bla... those things had nothing to do with the original rallye, but these people obviously thought it was a good place to flaunt their own beliefs. The rallye was organized by a political party called "The Greens". They are anti-nuclear power and anti-lots of other stuff, but they have thoroughly distanced themselves from "The Left" party or even the Social Democrats. They don't agree with the Antifa movement and the "down with capitalism" bullshit, but these people still showed up at their rallys.

An astute observation my young friend!

But there is a group psychology underlying these mobs and directing their behavior in ways that I never really understood before reading this book.

The book draws heavily on the work of 19th century French physician, scientist and social pshychologist Gustave Le Bon. He was the first to identify the phenomenon of mass psychology. His book on this - "The Crowd: A Study of the Popular Mind" - was written in 1896.

I can't recommend Ann's book strongly enough.

And you have put your finger directly on kinds of people who most vulnerable to the mob mentality!

You are on a roll buddy!
dblboggie
dblboggie

Rome mayor estimates $1.4 million in damage after anti-capitalist riots Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum