Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Empty Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas

Post by Arx Ferrum Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:04 pm

By David S. Addington, Heritage Foundation November 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm

President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees—the Christmas Tree Tax—to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. The purpose of the Board is to run a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” (7 CFR 1214.46(n)). And the program of “information” is to include efforts to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States” (7 CFR 1214.10).

To pay for the new Federal Christmas tree image improvement and marketing program, the Department of Agriculture imposed a 15-cent fee on all sales of fresh Christmas trees by sellers of more than 500 trees per year (7 CFR 1214.52). And, of course, the Christmas tree sellers are free to pass along the 15-cent Federal fee to consumers who buy their Christmas trees.

http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2011/11/08/obamas-new-christmas-tree-tax#ixzz1dETVk4kD

I heard there is no Christmas spirit
In the good old U-S-A
Plenty of snow and Santa Claus
But a tax on trees for Christmas day...

They claim to believe in Jesus
And in this holiday
But now every December
You'll have to pay and pay...

Hey there Mr. Obama
Merry fucking Christmas
Put down that book on taxes
And hear some real holiday wishes.

In case you haven't noticed
It's Jesus's birthday.
So get off your liberal taxing ass
and fucking celebrate.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Newmem10

Back to top Go down

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Empty Re: Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas

Post by Arx Ferrum Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:36 pm

I feel obliged to add a note here that states that...

I don't appreciate, nor do I condone the profanity associated with Christmas from the South Park TV episodes the above lyrics were reworked from. But I do feel it very worth noting that those who would support such vulgarity when referencing this religious holiday, are also the ones who generally support the current administration.

As such, I basically took their humor of choice ran it back over them.

I can say that elsewhere on the web, this same thing has been done with the liberal response being overwhelmingly negative. In short, it's okay to insult Christmas but not okay to insult the guy who taxed it.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Empty Re: Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas

Post by TexasBlue Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Arx Ferrum wrote:I can say that elsewhere on the web, this same thing has been done with the liberal response being overwhelmingly negative. In short, it's okay to insult Christmas but not okay to insult the guy who taxed it.

That's because it would be racist to do that. Very Happy

Seriously, I thought this was a joke till I clicked the link. For those reading this who might bitch because it's a "Faux News" link...... well........ http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/obama-administration-to-delay-new-15-cent-christmas-tree-fee/
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Also, it's crap like this that makes it hard as hell for me to take anything Obama does (and says) seriously..... as for millions of others.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Nooooooooooo!!! A fee requested by THE INDUSTRY IT DIRECTLY AFFECTS is put into place???? You cannot be serious!

(http://www.christmastree.org/11_PR7.pdf)

I guess the government should have denied this, because liberals always know what's best for the people!

Typing in "christmas tree tax" into Google alone will just give you a clear insight into the ignorance, stupidity and naivety of the Conservative blogger world. Never once is it mentioned that this fee is requested by the industry, yet all these people accuse the main stream media of being bias.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
Never once is it mentioned that this fee is requested by the industry, yet all these people accuse the main stream media of being bias.

I have a good friend who sells Christmas trees. She grows them on her own property and rents two lots to market them. She tells me that no one ask her if she wanted her trees taxed. Moreover, the economy is in shambles, money is tight and expected sales will already be way off. She sees no benefit whatsoever from adding even a nominal tax to make life any harder.

Besides that, her opinion is that she can take care of her business without the fat hands of government... though she did a polite 'thank you' to the end of that statement, lol.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Does she sell mroe than 500 Christmas Trees a year?
A 15 Cent Fee will not have the slightest effect on the sales amount of Christmas trees.

If an industry asks for help with a majority behind it, some other people in that business may just have to get in line and buck up.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Hey there Mr. Obama... Merry Fucking Christmas Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Arx Ferrum Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:18 pm

I dunno. She has two lots at about (roughly) a half-third acre per. They are fairly well stocked but there are paths for browsing and transport, etc. But I will ask.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down