Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

"Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone Empty "Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone

Post by Mark85la Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Thought it was funny that an airhead like Mika Brzezinski would talk about intellectualism. Comedy gold. And another article by supposed "conservative" and ex host of "Spitzer/Parker" or whatever it was called, Kathleen Parker basically calling the candidates stupid.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-joe-wonders-where-have-all-the-conservative-intellectuals-gone/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/perry-cain-and-a-parade-of-painful-moments/2011/11/15/gIQA2NjFPN_story.html
Mark85la
Mark85la

"Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

"Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone Empty Re: "Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone

Post by Arx Ferrum Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 pm

I recall once listening to a group speak by George Will. It was late Reagan or mid Bush 1 if memory serves.

Anyway, he ultimately (though not intentionally) defined conservatism as being nonintellectual, non-humorous, nonfeeling. He did go on to say that it isn't that conservatives are dry ice... but that in politics, they dragged a heavy line and never could let go. That is and has always been their job.

The libs ran away on the wording, making conservatives out to be cardboard suits. But I have always agreed because... SOMEBODY has to hold on to common sense and be the cynic and toss out the stupidity in the face of laughter. You can't always give a back slap to the guy next to you.

George Will took a helluva beating... but I admired him for holding the line.

I am a cynic. I know that the worst will come from the best of intentions. I also know that if I let loose just a little too much, the tide will drag the ship onto the rocks. So, cynic - and conservative - I stay.
Arx Ferrum
Arx Ferrum

"Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone Newmem10

Back to top Go down

"Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone Empty Re: "Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone

Post by dblboggie Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:31 pm

It's as though the Democrats are the carefree children, quite willing to blow other's money on frivolous and wasteful endeavors and ignoring the dangers in their midst and the conservatives are the only adults in the room having to constantly scold and chide these willful and irresponsible children.

Too many hate the buzz-kill reality can be.
dblboggie
dblboggie

"Morning Joe" Wonders Where Have All The Conservative Intellectuals Gone Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down