Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000 Empty Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000

Post by Mark85la Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Joe Newby, Spokane Conservative Examiner
December 14, 2011 - Like this? Subscribe to get instant updates.

On Tuesday, Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) accused Republicans of wanting to poison 8,100 people to death as a Christmas present, The Hill reports.

"They have attached a poison pill — literally, colleagues — because it will kill 8,100 more people more than would have otherwise been killed from pollution,” Boxer said.

According to The Hill, Republicans included a measure delaying EPA industrial boiler regulations in the payroll tax cut extension bill currently in the Senate.

“They attach that to the payroll tax cut,” she said. "So have that for a Christmas gift."

The Hill adds:

Boxer went on to mock Republican senators, wondering what they might say to their constituents when they return to their districts for the holiday break.
" 'Hi, I'm your senator, here is a tax cut for you of about a thousand dollars but sorry you might die from breathing in too much poison in the form of mercury lead and arsenic,' " she said. “That’s what’s going on here.”

Advertisement
"We have asked for a lot from Santa in our day but we have never asked for lead, arsenic and mercury,” she added.

On Wednesday, conservative talk show Rush Limbaugh shot back, wondering how many deaths Boxer is responsible for through her support of abortion.

The Hill concluded:

House Republican leadership attached the provision to delay the EPA’s regulations on boilers in order to attract more votes from the conservative wing of their caucus to the tax cut legislation.

Boxer is well known for her outrageous and false comments.

Last November, for example, she compared the United States to Iran and North Korea while debating repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," and she made the laughable claim earlier this year that House Republicans have a "vendetta against Elmo," the popular PBS children's character.

A video of her comments can be seen at Real Clear Politics.

More on taxes at Examiner.com here.

If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000 Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000 Empty Re: Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000

Post by Mark85la Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I admit as a conservative that I also want old people to die, mentally handicapped people to fend for themselves, and I want dirty air and dirty water. Just sayin'.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000 Empty Re: Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:46 am

Mark85la wrote:I admit as a conservative that I also want old people to die, mentally handicapped people to fend for themselves, and I want dirty air and dirty water. Just sayin'.

Even just sayin that is so sick.

Why is it there is no sense of national pride and a sense of countrymen from the right? Is it the hatred preached from the born again evangelical fundamentalists that hates the poor and democrats and wants women to be servants?

I just don't get it why the right thinks it's okay for the rich to be healthy and allowed to poison the rest of us.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45491242/ns/today-today_health/t/high-levels-arsenic-found-fruit-juice/

The apple and grape juice your kids are drinking may have arsenic at levels high enough to increase their risk of cancer and other chronic diseases, according to a new study by Consumer Reports.

A full 10 percent of the juices tested by the magazine had arsenic levels higher than what is allowed in water by the Food and Drug Administration.

“What we’re talking about here is not about acute affects,” Urvashi Rangan, senior scientist at Consumer Reports, told TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie. “We’re talking about chronic effects. We’re talking about cancer risk. And so, the fact that 10 percent of our samples exceeded the drinking water standard underscores the need for a standard to be set in juices.”

The fear is that over time arsenic will accumulate in children’s bodies and raise their risk of cancer and other serious illnesses, Rangan explained.

Then again, it's only children who drink this stuff and everyone understands the republican party does not CARE what happens to children, despite it's battle to control a woman's decision over a fetus growing in HER body.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Ever heard of sarcasm? Jeez.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Cookie Parker wrote:
Mark85la wrote:I admit as a conservative that I also want old people to die, mentally handicapped people to fend for themselves, and I want dirty air and dirty water. Just sayin'.

Even just sayin that is so sick.

Why is it there is no sense of national pride and a sense of countrymen from the right? Is it the hatred preached from the born again evangelical fundamentalists that hates the poor and democrats and wants women to be servants?

I just don't get it why the right thinks it's okay for the rich to be healthy and allowed to poison the rest of us.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45491242/ns/today-today_health/t/high-levels-arsenic-found-fruit-juice/

Then again, it's only children who drink this stuff and everyone understands the republican party does not CARE what happens to children, despite it's battle to control a woman's decision over a fetus growing in HER body.

First off, what Mark said was in jest. I'm no heartless person and even I took what he said as a joke.

Two, there's nothing that I can find anywhere that even remotely says that the Repubs want people to be unhealthy or poison kids. Not even in that article.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Barbara Boxer - GOP Bill Will Poison and Kill 81,000 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down