Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment Empty Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment

Post by TexasBlue Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Sheila Jackson Lee: Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment

Doug Powers
December 20, 2011

According to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, there are times when the country doesn’t have any need for the US House of Representatives, and it’s because of Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee that I often agree with her. Not this time, however.

From The Hill:

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) said Tuesday that President Obama “absolutely” should use his executive power to continue the unemployment benefits and payroll tax cut extension and said she hoped to discuss the option with the White House later in the day.

“It is extraordinary, don’t get me wrong. But I’m feeling the pain of the constituents I left [at] home,” Jackson Lee said, speaking on the progressive Ed Schultz’s radio show. “I consider this a crisis. I consider leaving Americans without unemployment insurance for January and February a crime. I consider not extending the payroll tax cut … a crime.”

A member of Congress being this ignorant about the Constitution is… a crime.

But Jackson Lee shouldn’t take my word for it or any House Republican for that matter. This is from today’s White House press briefing:

Q: Can the president offer any assurances to the American people that this will get done before January 1st?

Carney: In order for it to get done, it has to pass the House. This is one area where his executive authority does not extend. He cannot order an extension of the payroll tax cut.

Sorry, Sheila.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment Admin210

Back to top Go down

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment Empty Re: Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment

Post by TexasBlue Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:00 pm

The ignorance of this woman is appalling. She should be run out of congress for being so stupid.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment Admin210

Back to top Go down

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment Empty Re: Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment

Post by dblboggie Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:06 pm

TexasBlue wrote:The ignorance of this woman is appalling. She should be run out of congress for being so stupid.

I would have to agree. And to think the Democrats scoffed at the Republican's insistence for incoming members to read the Constitution at the opening of the new Congress... they have no respect for the Constitution and even less understanding of it.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Agree with both of you. Ignorant is a polite way of putting it, I don't know what people in her district are smoking, voting this lady in over and over. But yeah, Democrats obviously don't respect the constitution, many think it's a "living and breathing document" that evolves over time to their liberal liking, like Berkley Professor Goodwyn Lou, one of Obama's previous choices for a justice said that, but Kagan got that, though she's no different.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Obama Should Use Executive Order to Extend Payroll Tax Cut/Unemployment Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum