Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer Empty Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer

Post by TexasBlue Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer

Jeff Poor
The Daily Caller
Jan. 12, 2012

After last Saturday night’s Republican presidential debate, “Good Morning America” co-anchor and “This Week” moderator George Stephanopoulos took criticism for his handling of a debate question about contraception and his persistence on the issue with GOP front-runner Mitt Romney.

On Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report” on Wednesday, Stephanopoulos gave his side.

The question “was about the right to privacy,” Stephanopoulos said. “One of the candidates said he believes the states have the right to ban contraception. I was asking Mitt Romney the same question.”

However, he revealed that this was not the only motivation behind the question, saying that he had a bet with his co-moderator, “World News” anchor Diane Sawyer.

COLBERT: OK, OK. Romney’s basically saying you’re a silly little child. And the audience is going, “We hate him, too.” What does it feel like at that moment?

STEPHANOPOULOS: At that moment, I’m thinking, I really want to win this bet.

COLBERT: What was the bet?

STEPHANOPOULOS: Diane Sawyer bet me that I couldn’t get Mitt Romney to say “contraceptions are working just fine.”

COLBERT: Really?

STEPHANOPOULOS: I won.

COLBERT: You got him to say “contraceptions are working just fine.” Even though, from the number of children he has, he has no idea how they work.

Watch:

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer Admin210

Back to top Go down

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer Empty Re: Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer

Post by dblboggie Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 pm

This disgusting and almost beyond belief!

First, that a supposedly serious "hard news" journalist would make such a biased and despicable bet such as this with another journalist and then carry it out violates EVERY tenant of journalistic integrity!

Second, that he would go on a cheap comedy show and brag about borders on the criminal!!!

The fucking MSM have gone stark staring MAD!

Their perfidy knows no shame!
dblboggie
dblboggie

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer Empty Re: Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer

Post by Mark85la Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm

People actually watch Colbert/Comedy Central and ABC for the news. Not much of a difference between the two.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Mark85la wrote:People actually watch Colbert/Comedy Central and ABC for the news. Not much of a difference between the two.

Sadly, this is apparently all too true.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

dblboggie wrote:
Mark85la wrote:People actually watch Colbert/Comedy Central and ABC for the news. Not much of a difference between the two.

One of my teachers admitted to going to a Jon Stewart Restore Sanity rally, and so did my classmates.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Mark85la wrote:
dblboggie wrote:

One of my teachers admitted to going to a Jon Stewart Restore Sanity rally, and so did my classmates.

I would expect no less of our sorry educational system or the lemmings they turn out. Clearly you possess superior critical thinking skills that makes you immune to the propaganda so prevalent in our K-12 and university schools.

Kudos to you! Thumbs Up
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 am

Mark is a rarity these days... a young conservative.

Even my cousin Jennifer found out a couple years ago. She went to college at the University of Minnesota at Morris. She always labeled herself as a liberal till then. Now she says she's a conservative. She said 90% of her classmates are liberals.... and so is one of her professors. They changed her mind. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Stephanopoulos: Contraception debate question ‘a bet’ with Diane Sawyer Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down