Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever.

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever. Empty Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever.

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever.

Mollie Hemingway
Ricochet
Jan. 26, 2012

This is a shot of the scene in Phoenix yesterday afternoon when Gov. Jan Brewer greeted President Barack Obama as he stepped off Air Force One.

She handed him a handwritten letter that led to an "intense" discussion for a few minutes. The pool report explains that President Obama was extremely upset about her treatment of him in her book Scorpions for Breakfast. She did not anticipate being berated and was mildly perturbed by the encounter, which included President Obama walking away from her while she was mid-sentence. Classy!

Jonathan V. Last at the Weekly Standard notes that this is becoming something of a pattern. When Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal greeted the president on the tarmac, he received similar treatment:

I was expecting words of concern about the oil spill, worry about the pending ecological disaster, and words of confidence about how the federal government was here to help. Or perhaps he was going to vent about BP’s slow response. But no, the president was upset about something else. And he wanted to talk about, well, food stamps. Actually, he wanted to talk about a letter that my administration had sent to Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack a day earlier.

The letter was rudimentary, bureaucratic, and ordinary. .  .  . We were simply asking the federal government to authorize food stamps for those who were now unemployed because of the oil spill. Governors regularly make these sorts of requests to the federal government when facing disaster.

But somehow, for some reason, President Obama had personalized this. And he was upset.

There was not a word about the oil spill. He was concerned about looking bad because of the letter. “Careful,” he said to me, “this is going to get bad for everyone.”
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever. Admin210

Back to top Go down

Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever. Empty Re: Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever.

Post by Mark85la Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 pm

So thin skinned and unable to understand or accept other people's views. He walked away from her as she was in the middle of a sentence too.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever. Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:48 pm

I am quite sure that, deep down, Obama is acutely aware of just how tenuous is his hold on power and just how vulnerable a target he really is.

ANY criticisms, any challenges to Obama's carefully crafted public persona are bound to be taken very personally by Obama and met with barely muzzled outbursts of anger.

Not a surprise at all.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever. Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum