Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes Empty The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes

Post by Mark85la Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Last edited by Mark85la on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark85la
Mark85la

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes Empty Re: The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes

Post by Mark85la Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey, nobody is stopping them from writing a nice big check to the government. I don't get why they don't.
Mark85la
Mark85la

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes Senmem10

Back to top Go down

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes Empty Re: The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:10 pm

I can't accurately speak for the other three, but almost all of Warren Buffett’s income comes from capital gains taxed at 15%. He only pays himself a salary of $100,000 a year, which would be taxed at the top rate (35%). Most of his wealth is untaxed as unrealized capital gains.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm

And the lies just keep on coming! I honestly think that Obama is incapable of telling the truth.

Buffet pays the exact same cap gains rate that his secretary pays! And he pays the exact same rate on earned income as well!

Sadly, Americans are so woefully ignorant of the tax code and basic economics they will buy this load of crap being shoveled by Obama and Buffet.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:54 pm

dblboggie wrote:And the lies just keep on coming! I honestly think that Obama is incapable of telling the truth.

Buffet pays the exact same cap gains rate that his secretary pays! And he pays the exact same rate on earned income as well!

Sadly, Americans are so woefully ignorant of the tax code and basic economics they will buy this load of crap being shoveled by Obama and Buffet.

I watched this crap on ABC tonight when they had a photo op Obama did with "secretaries" that pay more taxes than their bosses. Of course, they left out what you said.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

The Buffett Rule's Billionaire Backers: Meet The Super-Rich Who Want To Pay More Taxes Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:20 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:And the lies just keep on coming! I honestly think that Obama is incapable of telling the truth.

I watched this crap on ABC tonight when they had a photo op Obama did with "secretaries" that pay more taxes than their bosses. Of course, they left out what you said.

Of course they left it out, why screw up a perfectly good strawman argument with the truth? Half Grin
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark85la Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 pm

I feel sorry for people who vote democrat, when will they learn?
Mark85la
Mark85la

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Mark85la wrote:I feel sorry for people who vote democrat, when will they learn

They'll learn when the government gets out of the education business.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down