Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government: A Threat To Individual Rights

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Government: A Threat To Individual Rights Empty Government: A Threat To Individual Rights

Post by TexasBlue Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:58 am

Government: A Threat To Individual Rights

Neal Boortz
June 25, 2010

Here is a scary thought to end the week ... Well, not only scary, but promising - or is it disappointing at the same time.

Nearly half of Americans see the government today as a threat to individual rights rather than a protector of those rights.

Folks, the role of government in the United States is to ensure that you, me, Belinda, all of us, can pursue our lives, make our own choices on how to live those lives, and do whatever it is that will make us happy .. so long as we don't infringe upon the rights of others. For those who believe in an extreme view of limited government, it should exist purely to protect those rights and punish those who infringe upon them. That's pretty much it. Sure .. there are roads and dams to be built, but protecting the framework of liberty should pretty much be the beginning and end of government. Now we have 48% of the people believing that government has actually become a threat to these rights, rather than a protector

My first reaction here was "Only 48%? What in the hell are the rest of these people doing?" Then I remembered that about one-half of the people in this country rely on government transfers of wealth for their existence. People who rely on government to seize the property of others and give it to them aren't likely to see that government as a threat to their rights. To them government is a benefactor.

But for those of you who value freedom above security ... clearly something has to be done. You can start in November. Voting in the elections in November will be so vitally important to the viability and future of this nation. The way you turn the tide in this country is to get other voters to polls who also believe in liberty and individual rights, outnumbering the deadbeats, the moochers, and the bottom-feeding parasites of our society.

Here is another "gee wiz" poll from Rasmussen... most Americans (52%) say it is more important for the government to protect individual rights than to promote economic growth. Just 31% say promoting economic growth is more important. But a sizable number (17%) of adults aren't sure which is more important.

Aren't sure? See .. those are exactly the people I am talking about. If can't decide whether an economy led by the government is more important than individual liberty, then you vote on Wednesday while the rest of us vote on Tuesday.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Government: A Threat To Individual Rights Admin210

Back to top Go down

:: Main :: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum