Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year

4 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year Empty Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year

Post by TexasBlue Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 am

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year

Reuters
August 3, 2012

LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Under pressure to reveal more about his personal finances, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Friday said he had paid "a lot of taxes" every year.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid accused Romney on the Senate floor on Thursday of not paying taxes for 10 years, the strongest accusation yet by Democrats in a fight over the former private equity executive's tax records.

Romney strongly denied Reid's claim.

"Let me also say categorically: I have paid taxes every year. A lot of taxes. A lot of taxes," he said during a campaign stop in Las Vegas, in Reid's home state.

Romney said the sources of Reid's accusations may be within the White House or President Barack Obama's re-election campaign, which has frequently called on Romney to release more than the two years' worth of tax information that he has made public.

"By the way, Harry, I understand what you're trying to do here," Romney said. He accused the Reid of trying to deflect attention from discredited policies, and from the Senate's failure to pass a budget in three years.

Romney did not say which types of taxes he had paid, although financial information he released in January showed he had paid an effective tax rate of 13.9 percent in 2010 mostly from capital gains on investments. That is far below the 35 percent top tax rate for wages.

On Thursday, Romney told Reid "to put up or shut up."

The former Massachusetts governor's denial comes as he looks to move on from a shaky trip abroad last week and return to talking about Obama's record on the economy.

Romney faced questions on Friday about the tax plan he would attempt to implement should he win election in November. He said that he had no intentions of increasing Americans' tax burden.

"My plan is very clear," he said. "I will not raise taxes on the American people."

Romney also refuted the notion that the richest taxpayers would benefit disproportionately from his plan.

"Higher income people are not going to pay a smaller share if I'm president," he said.

Romney's appearance in Nevada comes the day after campaigning in Colorado, where he tried to regain his footing after a trip to Britain, Israel and Poland that was seen as unsuccessful.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year Admin210

Back to top Go down

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year Empty Re: Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year

Post by Mark85la Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I don't think he should release anymore tax returns, they'll just keep asking for more and more.
Mark85la
Mark85la

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year Senmem10

Birthday : 1985-12-02

Back to top Go down

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year Empty Re: Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year

Post by TexasBlue Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:35 pm

The last 2 years is enough. When Obama starts releasing shit that was asked of in 2008, maybe we can see Romney do the same. Obama has more to hide. The media will protect him at all costs.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Like asking Obama to release his Birth Certificate?
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:
Like asking Obama to release his Birth Certificate?

Don't even go there with that shit! Nobody in here has even remotely suggested any of that birther bullshit. What I see is the huge backlash going on (in America) against Obama and many Americans are finally getting it. He told us what he was going to do when he was campaigning. I want to scream and pull what's left of my hair out when I hear so many Americans assert they were 'fooled' by this guy.

How in the world can this possibly be? After all, during the campaign Obama blatantly and openly bragged about how he was going to enact "Cap & tax” and openly acknowledged it would "raise your power bills and bankrupt the coal industry." What did you think he meant by that???? Oh... not a word from the media. You have to go to YouTube to hear it. Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year 404792

He told campaign workers in a speech that the purpose of tax policy was to "return the Nation's wealth to its rightful owners." What did you think he meant by that??? Did you really think he considered all Americans as rightful owners???

The big one for me is how he wrote in his book (Dreams from my Father) about his "affinity" for Marxist student groups and Communist professors. Ask DBL about that. He read the book! Again, no bother from the media. Nope. No way.

Obama spent 20 years in the most vile, racist, radical anti-American, Marxist based Black liberation theology church. The media gave this a mild nod and didn't investigate further like FNC did. No surprise there.

The media totally ignored the fact that Obama spent most of his adult life purposely surrounding himself with the most radical, vile and far left people (Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, ACORN, etc, etc.). They didn't even bother with this shit. But they're pouncing on Romney's wealth. Of course, other Democrats (and the media) didn't say shit when Kenedy ran in 1960. They didn't say shit about wealth when Kerry ran in 2004. No mention of John Edwards and his trial lawyer wealth. Nope not a word. And the best you can come up with is the tired birther crap?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Oh... I forgot to add that Obama will not unseal his medical records, his school records, his Harvard records, his Columbia College records, or his Occidental College records. Hell... he won't even release his Columbia College thesis. All his legislative records from the Illinois State Senate are missing and he claims his scheduling records during those State Senate years are lost as well. Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year 404792 In addition, no one can find his school records for the elite K-12 college prep school he attended in Hawaii. Shocked
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:10 pm

It's amazing how quickly the MSM can generate a mountain of crap on any conservative in their crosshairs, some of it going back nearly half a century.

But I challenge anyone to show me even ONE article by the MSM that treated Obama the same way, just ONE article by the MSM.

Go ahead, just try to find one.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Romney says paid "a lot of taxes" every year Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:27 pm

dblboggie wrote:It's amazing how quickly the MSM can generate a mountain of crap on any conservative in their crosshairs, some of it going back nearly half a century.

But I challenge anyone to show me even ONE article by the MSM that treated Obama the same way, just ONE article by the MSM.

Go ahead, just try to find one.

You won't. In fact, Bubbles can't refute one thing I said in the two posts above yours.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down