Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source

+2
BubbleBliss
TexasBlue
6 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source

Post by TexasBlue Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Oh, i get it now. MSNBC presents the news and FNC doesn't. Oh-Kee Doh-Kee. slapping head
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source

Post by i_luv_miley Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Michael Moore doesn't have to present facts. He's a filmmaker. He is presenting an opinion. Glenn Beck on the other hand works for a "news" organization, therefore he should be required to present facts. But seeing as Fox News really isn't a news organization, he can say whatever he wants.

Again, it's potayto versus potahto. Razz
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Oh, i get it now. MSNBC presents the news and FNC doesn't. Oh-Kee Doh-Kee. slapping head

I never said anything about FOX news, I said FOX COMMENTATORS.

But I guess to you FOX News doesn't fit in with MSNBC, ABC, etc. in not presenting facts. Oh-Kee Doh-Kee!
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Then why not make the same comment for MSNBC commentators since they're just commentators there?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:24 am

TexasBlue wrote:Then why not make the same comment for MSNBC commentators since they're just commentators there?

Because I was already comparing a lefty (Moore) with the FOX commentators, meaning that I don't trust Moore/the lefties or FOX commentators/the righties.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:10 pm

i_luv_miley wrote:Michael Moore doesn't have to present facts. He's a filmmaker. He is presenting an opinion. Glenn Beck on the other hand works for a "news" organization, therefore he should be required to present facts. But seeing as Fox News really isn't a news organization, he can say whatever he wants.

Again, it's potayto versus potahto. Razz

And here you would be wrong my friend. First of all, Michael Moore presents his works of fiction as “documentaries.” That is the category in which his films compete in things like the Academy Awards. The term “documentary” implies that the unvarnished truth is what is being pursued and presented by the documentarian. But of course we all know that this is not the case with Moore. His many lies have all been exposed by those actually interested in the facts.

And you are wrong about Beck. Just because Beck works for Fox News does not mean he must present "facts" as you put it (though I would submit that he presents far more facts than ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, or any other network out there).

It is quite apparent that Beck's show is a political opinion show, much like similar shows on the other networks. Let us take a look at those opinion shows on the other networks. First we have the Sunday shows, "Meet the Press" and "Face the Nation" which are opinion shows posing as actual objective journalism. Anyone who has dealt with the media knows these shows are not serious journalistic shows, but the public at large have not dealt with the media and are largely unaware of this fact. And these shows appear on stations that air what are supposed to be serious journalistic news shows; NBC Nightly News, CBS Evening News and ABC World News. But these shows have such an obvious bias that they should be embarrassed to call these shows "journalism" in its truest sense.

And then we have the morning shows on the major networks... The Today Show, Good Morning America, and The Early Show, are all fluff "journalism" posing as serious journalism and thus are far worse than Beck's show, which does not pretend to be "objective journalism."

And I have not even touched on all the opinion shows seen on CNN, CNN Headline News, and MSNBC – which are also “news” organizations. There’s “Hardball with Chris ‘thrill up my leg’ Matthews,” “Countdown with Keith Olbermann” (who couldn’t be more rabidly left if he were Marx himself), and “The Joy Behar Show” (another rabidly left-wing personality). And there are others on these “news” networks. And yet you do not mention these shows and their hosts as being "required to present facts." Why is that?

You might want to rethink your premise here my friend – it has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

dblboggie
dblboggie

Michael Moore praises suspected WikiLeaks source - Page 2 Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2