Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition

+5
i_luv_miley
The_Amber_Spyglass
BecMacFeegle
TexasBlue
dblboggie
9 posters

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 Empty Re: Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:25 am

TexasBlue wrote:If you can believe this, the one that's in my computer is the original 40GB. Everything else is new inside when I upgraded back in 2009.
30gb for this one. How I've coped I don't know... oh yes, by installing one game at a time. Hopefully this new machine will be powerful enough to play Left 4 Dead. I hope it lives up to the hype after this!

TexasBlue wrote:I found out a few weeks ago that my Amazon account is good in the UK also.
Yes, I think that is something they have done quite recently, far more recently than you would have thought.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 Empty Re: Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:28 am

BecMacFeegle wrote:I have ordered nothing. I am not allowed to buy anything ever again after I spent £260 on a digital SLR.

Was that a bad deal?
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:23 am

lol, no. It is an excellent camera. Just that this laptop is coming out of (projected) birthday money I'm getting from family.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:24 am

Ahhh, projected money. That sounds like our gov't here. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:37 am

I just bought the camera. There were no 'projected' funds Very Happy
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:38 am

BecMacFeegle wrote:I just bought the camera. There were no 'projected' funds Very Happy

Yours came direct from the bank. That's the right way. Scold Matt now. Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:52 am

Nooo...there were no funds in the bank Very Happy

There was £100 in a shoe box though!
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 am

BecMacFeegle wrote:Nooo...there were no funds in the bank Very Happy

There was £100 in a shoe box though!

That's even better!
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:11 pm

The sidewalks roll up way to early here... we need some night people here... Nod2
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 T8sow2
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm here but not for long. New hard drive getting installed after I eat here in a few. Then it's the big Windows XP reinstall after that. I should be up later tonight though.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:00 pm

i was just remarking on how quiet it was here today overall... maybe two posts total... way to quiet...

hope the install goes bug free though!
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:45 pm

dblboggie wrote:i was just remarking on how quiet it was here today overall... maybe two posts total... way to quiet...

hope the install goes bug free though!

Yeah, it seemed quiet as hell.

Yep, I'm a few minutes away from logging off and getting started with this. I hope it goes bug free. Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:53 pm

indeed it did.

well... good luck on the install...
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Install went well. A couple of burps but here I am. Still downloading the Microsoft Updates. Service Pack 3 right now Numerous restarts as a result. But this new hard drive makes this 'puter boot faster than shit.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Install went well. A couple of burps but here I am. Still downloading the Microsoft Updates. Service Pack 3 right now Numerous restarts as a result. But this new hard drive makes this 'puter boot faster than shit.

a couple of hiccups are to be expected... but glad to hear it went well! Thumbs Up
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Still doing updates and installing my old programs that were on the old drive. It's fun but boring at the same time.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Still doing updates and installing my old programs that were on the old drive. It's fun but boring at the same time.

but still good to see that the o/s install went well and now all that's left is the transfer of the old programs is all that's left... Thumbs Up
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 am

Yeah and now it's almost 1:30am and I'm almost done. Yeesh. I need to go to bed and finish up tomorrow. Ugh.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by bigger_guns_nearby Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:31 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Install went well. A couple of burps but here I am. Still downloading the Microsoft Updates. Service Pack 3 right now Numerous restarts as a result. But this new hard drive makes this 'puter boot faster than shit.

I did a new XP install the other day. Put Ubuntu on my main drive then put my old copy of XP on another just in case I wanted to play any games.

Ubuntu installed in a few minutes and then spent about 20 minutes downloading all the updates. 1 restart, done.

XP took an age to start up, an hour formatting the disks, 30 minutes installing, didn't have drivers for anything, wouldn't even connect to the internet until I messed with the networking configuration, spent all evening downloading updates, made me restart at least 6 times. Shows how far Operating Systems have come in 10 years. Very Happy
bigger_guns_nearby
bigger_guns_nearby

Community Chat: Let's See How This Works Edition - Page 27 Newmem10

Birthday : 1985-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:51 pm

bigger_guns_nearby wrote:I did a new XP install the other day. Put Ubuntu on my main drive then put my old copy of XP on another just in case I wanted to play any games.

Ubuntu installed in a few minutes and then spent about 20 minutes downloading all the updates. 1 restart, done.

XP took an age to start up, an hour formatting the disks, 30 minutes installing, didn't have drivers for anything, wouldn't even connect to the internet until I messed with the networking configuration, spent all evening downloading updates, made me restart at least 6 times. Shows how far Operating Systems have come in 10 years. Very Happy

Mine took less than an hour for the install and about an hour or so on updates. I spent the rest of the night putting back programs I used before and moving pictures back. This new drive is faster than shit. Unreal compared to the old one.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by bigger_guns_nearby Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:54 pm

When you say putting back programs do you mean re-installing them, or did you use a quicker method?
bigger_guns_nearby
bigger_guns_nearby

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:12 pm

bigger_guns_nearby wrote:When you say putting back programs do you mean re-installing them, or did you use a quicker method?

Most were just re installations. Some I was able to back up like uTorrent. I had a few torrents I was still downloading and I found a program that would back up the settings and the torrent files themselves. Firefox and Thunderbird (email) were backed up. There's a handy program for those two. It resets everything exactly as it was before.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by bigger_guns_nearby Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:51 pm

I know you guys are no fans of the UN in here, but this Libya crisis has been a pretty good advertisement of how shit can actually get done when Russia/China don't Veto it.

Gotta love US warships firing Tomahawks at Gaddafi. Don't mess with the West, son. America's military getting it done again.
bigger_guns_nearby
bigger_guns_nearby

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:57 pm

bigger_guns_nearby wrote:I know you guys are no fans of the UN in here, but this Libya crisis has been a pretty good advertisement of how shit can actually get done when Russia/China don't Veto it.

Gotta love US warships firing Tomahawks at Gaddafi. Don't mess with the West, son. America's military getting it done again.

You're right about that, but Tex has opened a new thread in the politics section where we can discuss this. It is certainly a conversation worth having... but chat is... well.... kind of a place to just kick it sans politics... Big Grin
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next