Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this guitar solo amazing or what?

2 posters

:: General :: Music

Go down

Is this guitar solo amazing or what? Empty Is this guitar solo amazing or what?

Post by dblboggie Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:16 am

I personally think this is one of the most amazing renditions of "Over the Rainbow" I have ever heard. First of all, that song is probably my favorite song of all time. Secondly, Stanley Jordan's cover is just mindblowing. When I first heard the audio of this, I could swear there were 2 or 3 guitarists playing this. When I finally saw the video I was speechless. Whether one is a jazz fan or not, you've gotta be impressed at the virtuosity of this performance... or at least that's how I see it. I would love to hear what all of you here think of it. All that said, here it is:

dblboggie
dblboggie

Is this guitar solo amazing or what? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Is this guitar solo amazing or what? Empty Re: Is this guitar solo amazing or what?

Post by TexasBlue Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:26 am

He sounds cool. He's the Joe Satriani of Jazz.

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Is this guitar solo amazing or what? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Is this guitar solo amazing or what? Empty Re: Is this guitar solo amazing or what?

Post by dblboggie Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:03 am

TexasBlue wrote:He sounds cool. He's the Joe Satriani of Jazz.

I'm sorry, but I must object to this comparison. Without doubt, Joe Satirani is a very talented solo guitarist... but listening to him one could never say his solos sounded as though they were being played by more than one guitarist. Whereas Stanley Jordan's solo's mimic the sounds of multiple guitarists in a most ingenious way of playing that instrument. There really is no comparison between the two. One could never confuse a Satirani solo as being done by multiple guitarists, whereas on listening to audio only one could easily surmise that more than one guitarist was involved in a Stanley Jordan solo.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Is this guitar solo amazing or what? Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:31 pm

It's more the technique part that i was referring to. I've never heard a Jazz guitar player do what Jordan did.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Is this guitar solo amazing or what? Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down