Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger

5 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Go down

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger Empty Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger

Post by TexasBlue Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:25 pm

What a friggin' rip off!

Here's a pic from a dudes blog that i saw.
Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger 090909steakhouse1

This is no bullshit. I bought one of these last Friday night so i could get my weekly dose of cholesterol and other bad things.

I got home and unwrapped it. Disappointed isn't the word. But i ate it anyway. It was nothing special. It pisses me off on how some business make something out to be something it's not. Advertising at it's worst here.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger Admin210

Back to top Go down

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger Empty Re: Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger

Post by i_luv_miley Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 am

ROFL

That second picture reminds me of the chicken nuggets I recently got.

I'm also reminded of the constant DirectTV commercials: "Get DirectTV and you'll have 250 channels and be entertained until you can't stand it anymore."

Of course, the reality is, since I've gotten DirectTV, my reading has increased from zero to no less than three hours per day. Whistle

Needless to say, just because advertising makes things sound or look good, that doesn't mean that it is.

Last edited by i_luv_miley on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed a word)
i_luv_miley
i_luv_miley

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger Eterna10

Birthday : 1969-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:48 am

It would seem that DirectTV has actually contributed to an increase in the quality of your life... reading is far better than watching TV... Snicker

A case of deceptive advertising actually resulting in a good outcome...

Go figure... Snicker
dblboggie
dblboggie

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:20 am

I was a vegetarian for about 8 years - I stopped recently, and had my very first Big Mac about two weeks ago. And I have to say:

What the bloody hell is all the fuss about? They're rubbish! I've seen drinks coasters with more meat on them.

And a week ago I had my first ever Quarter Pounder. Meh. Marginally better than that Big Mac thing - but I still felt sick afterwards.

I'm seriously underwhelmed. The best bit was the pickle - and I had that on my veggie burger anyway. Fast food sucks.

Unless it's a Wimpy. I like Wimpy. They do Quorn Burgers - or at least they did, until MacDonalds stole them and made them rubbish!!! Grr! I hate you MacDonalds. I haven't tried a Burger King yet - but from the look of that thing, I probably won't bother.
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:40 am

Burger King is actually pretty decent. You have those over there in the UK? If so, give them a shot. I'm not a fan of Micky D's myself. Gives me gas for the rest of the day.... and not the belching kind either. Snicker

To be fair though, i had McDonald's when i was in Germany back in the 80's and it wasn't the same as the American McDonald's. Same stuff, different taste in some spots.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BecMacFeegle Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah we have Burger King - Matt swears they're better than McDonald's but I can't say I'm that keen. Mebbe I'll give it a go, though two fast food meals in a year is considerably more than I'd usually have. Maybe when I get around to having another one in 12 months, I'll try a Burger King!
BecMacFeegle
BecMacFeegle

Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger Junmem10

Birthday : 1983-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:46 am

Try it! It'll be good for your gut.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:50 am

BecMacFeegle wrote:Yeah we have Burger King - Matt swears they're better than McDonald's but I can't say I'm that keen. Mebbe I'll give it a go, though two fast food meals in a year is considerably more than I'd usually have. Maybe when I get around to having another one in 12 months, I'll try a Burger King!
I've always preferred Burger King for the fast food outlets but overall, I much prefer burgers with high quantity and quality of meat. Burger King is better than McDonalds but it isn't perfect. What makes Burger King better is actually the quality of the fillings.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm not a fast food guy myself but that's where i go for a burger when needed. I prefer to cook my own here at home.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Me too. You can't beat a proper home made burger. My current favourite though is Sainsbury's venison burgers
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:48 pm

BecMacFeegle wrote:I was a vegetarian for about 8 years - I stopped recently, and had my very first Big Mac about two weeks ago. And I have to say:

What the bloody hell is all the fuss about? They're rubbish! I've seen drinks coasters with more meat on them.

And a week ago I had my first ever Quarter Pounder. Meh. Marginally better than that Big Mac thing - but I still felt sick afterwards.

I'm seriously underwhelmed. The best bit was the pickle - and I had that on my veggie burger anyway. Fast food sucks.

Unless it's a Wimpy. I like Wimpy. They do Quorn Burgers - or at least they did, until MacDonalds stole them and made them rubbish!!! Grr! I hate you MacDonalds. I haven't tried a Burger King yet - but from the look of that thing, I probably won't bother.

Snicker Hear hear!!! Burger King Steakhouse XT™ Burger 55ozo5 You are quite right! I've not found a big chain fast food burger worth a plugged nickle (or shilling)! They are ALL rubbish! McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, all trash... all of them smashed down, over cooked, tasteless hockey pucks of burgers. And every one of these chains start with the same ingredient, hamburger patties that come frozen.

There is only one small chain in California that I found to serve a truly tasty burger... In-n-Out. They NEVER use meat that has been frozen, all their patties are fresh ground beef, cooked on an open grill, not pounded down to within an inch of existence, and cooked to order (want one medium or medium rare? you've got it!). They use all fresh (never frozen) ingredients, cheese, onions, pickles, lettuce, etc. If you want a decent burger, you have to find some place that starts with the most important first ingredient, and that is fresh, NEVER frozen beef patties... Nod2
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Wendy's are about the best but in truth I've find all chain burgers taste like cardboard.. the only burger worth eating is me mum's home made version cooked on a brie in high summer.. I don't know what she adds to bring out the taste.. But it’s true the taste of summer as much as the warm light of the midday sun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down