Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book machines

3 posters

:: Miscellaneous :: Vent!

Go down

Book machines Empty Book machines

Post by TheNextPrez2012 Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 pm

I hate these machines that have the ability to hold several books (like kindle or ebook)
First, you are spending $100 for a machine plus $3-10 for ebooks when you can get a FREE library card and get the same books...for free.
Secondly, what is the purpose of having 10 books on a machine when you can read just 1 at a time?
TheNextPrez2012
TheNextPrez2012

Book machines Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Book machines Empty Re: Book machines

Post by TexasBlue Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Or you can just download them from a torrent site. Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Book machines Admin210

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am

I know, I fail to see the point at the moment for the general reader.

There is an obvious answer to your question about "who wants to read 10 books at a time?" What advantage I do see is for students. As a student until recently, it was frustrating when an essential text was out of the library or I needed seven or eight hefty tomes and couldn't/didn't want to sit in the library picking through them (or as an undergraduate needing journal articles but couldn't because only post-grad students could take them out). It would have been essential to be able to download digital copies of papers or even books so that everybody could have access to the same material at the same time.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Book machines Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down