Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump Says He Will Run for President

2 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Trump Says He Will Run for President Empty Trump Says He Will Run for President

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Trump Says He Will Run for President

Ronald Kessler
Newsmax
January 3, 2011

Billionaire Donald Trump is telling friends he has decided he will definitely run for president as a Republican.

Trump will make the announcement when his NBC show "The Apprentice" finishes the season in the spring, he is confiding. He has been soliciting recommendations on political advisers, focusing initially on the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primary. Trump declined to comment.

In October, Trump said on Fox News' "Fox & Friends" and on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that he was thinking about the possibility of running. In an interview from Scotland, where he has been building a golf course, Trump expanded on his comments to Newsmax, saying that "the world is laughing at us" and the United States is now “a punching bag for the world.”

It is “sad what’s happened to the country,” Trump said. “We’re no longer a respected nation, and we should be the most respected.”

According to a Newsmax/SurveyUSA poll conducted Nov. 3 and 4, in a head-to-head race between President Obama and Trump, the entrepreneur would get 47 percent of the vote, versus 53 percent for Obama.

Trump polled strongly among Republicans and conservatives. He got 50 percent of the votes of independents.

Understandably, many are skeptical that Trump would actually run. He has toyed with the idea before and is now at the pinnacle of his real estate career.

At his New Year's Eve party at Mar-a-Lago, his home and club in Palm Beach, he clearly was enjoying his celebrity, shmoozing with Regis Philbin and Rod Stewart in between dances with his stunning wife Melania.

But Trump has told friends he believes Obama is a "disaster." An advocate of a strong national security, he becomes livid when he talks about the decline of America compared with other countries like China.

“I look at the jobs numbers, and I see what’s going on in China, where it’s booming," Trump said on Fox News. "You know why it’s booming? Because they’re making all our products.They’re taking all our jobs. We are rebuilding China, and our country is going to hell.”
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Trump Says He Will Run for President Admin210

Back to top Go down

Trump Says He Will Run for President Empty Re: Trump Says He Will Run for President

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Talk about a lightning rod this guy would be. ROFL
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Trump Says He Will Run for President Empty Re: Trump Says He Will Run for President

Post by dblboggie Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Aw crap... not the Donald. For crying out loud. 2012 is shaping up to be a circus of freaks on the Republican side.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Trump Says He Will Run for President Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:54 pm

dblboggie wrote:Aw crap... not the Donald. For crying out loud. 2012 is shaping up to be a circus of freaks on the Republican side.

It's the difference between who is electable and who isn't. I'm sure Trump would make for an OK president as well as Palin. The problem is that they're lightning rods. It would be like Al Franken running for president.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:05 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:Aw crap... not the Donald. For crying out loud. 2012 is shaping up to be a circus of freaks on the Republican side.

It's the difference between who is electable and who isn't. I'm sure Trump would make for an OK president as well as Palin. The problem is that they're lightning rods. It would be like Al Franken running for president.

I am not as convinced that either Trump or Palin would be okay as President. There are far too many unknowns for both, and too many knowns, as you note, that militate against a successful run.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 pm

dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:

I am not as convinced that either Trump or Palin would be okay as President. There are far too many unknowns for both, and too many knowns, as you note, that militate against a successful run.

Keyword is Ok. Personally, I'd prefer Governor Chris Christie or Bobby Jindal. No Huckabee, no Pawlenty and no Romney. If the GOP nominates one of the latter three, then they haven't learned their lesson in the last 2+ years and I'd have no sympathy for them.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:13 pm

TexasBlue wrote:
dblboggie wrote:
TexasBlue wrote:

Keyword is Ok. Personally, I'd prefer Governor Chris Christie or Bobby Jindal. No Huckabee, no Pawlenty and no Romney. If the GOP nominates one of the latter three, then they haven't learned their lesson in the last 2+ years and I'd have no sympathy for them.

I agree, but while I'd have no sympathy for the GOP, I'd have plenty for the American people. ANY GOP candidate would be better than another 4 years of Obama.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down