Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death

3 posters

:: Main :: Politics

Go down

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Empty Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death

Will Rahn
The Daily Caller
Jan. 12, 2011

A video on YouTube showcases dozens of tweets, sent in the aftermath of Saturday’s Arizona massacre, that call for the death of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

Some of the Tweeters wish Palin would die of cancer, while others advocate for her assassination.

“My hatred for Sarah Palin continues to grow. I think this woman should be assassinated,” said one person. “Sarah Palin should be shot for her encouragement of fanaticism against Democrats,” says another.

Numerous left-wing commentators have accused Palin of inspiring the attack on Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords that left 6 dead. The Daily Caller’s Jim Treacher reported that liberal blogger Matthew Yglesias, Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas, actress Jane Fonda, film critic Roger Ebert, and filmmaker Michael Moore all took to Twitter within hours of the attack to accuse Palin of being in some way responsible.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Admin210

Back to top Go down

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Empty Re: Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death

Post by TexasBlue Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 pm

The accompanying video was removed for TOS violation. Imagine that.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Empty Re: Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death

Post by dblboggie Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 pm

This is, of course, not a surprising development. The left are very big on calling for or wishing for the death of those on the right - as is evidenced from my post in another thread. To wit:

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 68e19d46450502 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 747de946450496 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 6aec7546450493 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Cc286846450459 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 3b8d3d46450454 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death F66a8646450413 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death E3577646450406 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Ff6d4446450358 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death B0fe9146450297 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 8deffd46450293 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death C2b7da46450286 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 56eadb46450283 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Ec638146450274 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 604cf146450273 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 9d7a2b46450267 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death 2f7b7b46450259 Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death F9875d46450254

From National Public Radio legal affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg: [I]f there is retributive justice [Sen. Jesse Helms] will get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it.

From USA Today syndicated columnist Julianne Malveaux, on Clarence Thomas: I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease.

Washington Post syndicated columnist Richard Cohen: For hypocrisy, for sheer gall, [Newt] Gingrich should be hanged.

Talk show host Craig Kilborn [Caption under footage of George W. Bush]: Snipers Wanted

Members of the St. Petersburg Democratic Club: And then there’s Rumsfeld who said of Iraq “We have our good days and our bad days.” We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say “This is one of our bad days” and pull the trigger.

There are so many more examples of this I could post; I have 9 pages I've collected and that is no where near complete.

The thing is, the right is so often demonized as engaging in "hate speech" in the mainstream media and all one hears about is the right's "vicious and hateful rhetoric." But we never hear from the mainstream media about the left's vicious and hateful rhetoric.

These "Twitters" from the left calling for Sarah Palin's death won't make it in the mainstream media news papers or broadcasts. And why? Because the mainstream media are without question biased to the left.

I know that this will seem like just more far-right rhetoric, but that is not my intention, it is just the facts as they have presented themselves.

I would welcome any rebuttal as long as it is accompanied by credible examples of such speech from the right.

I'm not saying that they don't exist, but I've yet to see anyone here post such examples as I have above.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:12 am

There are people like this on the left and the right, as I've explained in another post before.
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:48 am

BubbleBliss wrote:There are people like this on the left and the right, as I've explained in another post before.

True. Absolutely. But one is reported and the other is not.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:46 am

I don't see a story about this on FOX or MSNBC, so it seems that nobody is reporting on it...
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

Dozens of Twitter users call for Palin’s death Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:13 am

BubbleBliss wrote:
I don't see a story about this on FOX or MSNBC, so it seems that nobody is reporting on it...

Maybe to ratchet down? I dunno. But I saw it on FNC earlier yesterday. But HuffPo has it, albeit a small one that's just linked.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t/dozens-of-twitter-users-c_25290046714155008.html
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 am

BubbleBliss wrote:There are people like this on the left and the right, as I've explained in another post before.

I have no question about that with respect to the protest signs. But when it comes to the media quotes I cited above calling for the death of various conservative figures, we hear from those who say conservative talkers are just as guilty but we never see this actually substantiated.

Last edited by dblboggie on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 am

TexasBlue wrote:
BubbleBliss wrote:

Maybe to ratchet down? I dunno. But I saw it on FNC earlier yesterday. But HuffPo has it, albeit a small one that's just linked.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t/dozens-of-twitter-users-c_25290046714155008.html

I very seriously doubt that the mainstream media's lack of coverage of this is to ratchet anything down - their whole business model is based on ratcheting things up.

This is, IMHO, just another example of their bias and agenda.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down