Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm expecting a backlash with this one

3 posters

Go down

I'm expecting a backlash with this one Empty I'm expecting a backlash with this one

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:
absinthe wrote:The only thing ridiculous is a member who has contributed absolutely nothing here other than lurk and leech and never once say thanks in any of his posts has the nerve to call this site useless now because the only thing that brought you here is now not working.
By what criteria do we decide that somebody does or doesn't have the right to express an opinion about problems on the board? What is the minimum number of posts one must have before they are not treated like a pariah?

If all lurkers were treated like that, this board would be little more than a backslappers club with about 40-50 members who spend all of their waking moments here. Is that what some people want? 🤷

Just asking...

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2511077#Post2511077

There, I said it. Now watch the feathers fly but I'm starting not to give a sh!t any more. That place has become rancid in so many ways.

The OP was stupid not to have checked to see if there was a post about search problems, but there was no need to treat him like that.

Last edited by The_Amber_Spyglass on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

I'm expecting a backlash with this one Senmem10

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

I'm expecting a backlash with this one Empty Re: I'm expecting a backlash with this one

Post by TexasBlue Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:25 pm

You go, Matt! I'm expecting a backlash with this one 531956

I'll have to go look at that thread in a while to see if anyone had their feathers plucked. I'm expecting a backlash with this one 554620

You hit it on the head though. People treat others like sh!t when they have only 20 posts to their name. If everyone posted like some think they should, the board would be overwhelmed quickly with garbage posts.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

I'm expecting a backlash with this one Admin210

Back to top Go down

I'm expecting a backlash with this one Empty Re: I'm expecting a backlash with this one

Post by TexasBlue Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:58 pm

I was going to reply in your defense but decided to hell with it. Nothing will change.

What i was going to reply with was, back in May of 2009, i posted about the site timing out a lot during that day.
http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1942063/1

Then i get these smartass responses and one by our hero, DAS, that pissed me off....
http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1944089/Re_Why_does_the_board_keep_tim#Post1944089

Then, Dr. Feelgood actually stepped in to slap a couple people (and locked the thread)....
http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1944089/2

All that bullshit for a question on the board timing out all the time one day.

Bunch of assholes.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:01 pm

I got a few responses so go check it out. Very Happy

I'm not really enjoying posting there any more. I know I've gone through phases like that before, but I really think I'm about ready to give up posting entirely. The few people I enjoyed talking to like Angantyr, kronosaurus, stomachacidmonk, newsm never seem to be around. Even cobalt seemingly isn't there as often and I think he gets fed up with 1oldminer's sh!t.

EDIT: There's no need to be arsey in the way that they are. It really is a pissing contest over there. You'd think they were doing something majorly important to ending world poverty or something, they worship each other on the basis of how many pictures they post of celebrities buying a cup of coffee! I mean, I appreciate the effort they put in, but nobody deserves to be treated as a celebrity themselves just because they have a picture of Miley Cyrus side boob!

And that's why I'm getting fed up with it, I'm wasting my time there and I should be using it for something more productive. Before I went to uni I used to write quite a bit, I've got a novel finished and I've got a fiction library on the web I haven't updated in about 6 years because I haven't written anything. Time to get back to it I think... starting tomorrow Very Happy
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeah, i read the whole thread up to your most recent one. And i side with you. Mods should be neutral with issues like this. It doesn't matter how often one posts. Yeah, they should've looked at the sticky thread there by all means. But when you see mods acting like shitheads, it's not a good thing.

No, Bubbles, you don't have to be neutral. Not this week anyway. Very Happy

I've gotten to where i cruise pics there once a week (usually on Saturdays). There's so much bullshit being posted now days. That place doesn't have a monopoly on celebrity pictures. Google Images works very good if you looking for stuff. There's also a few other good forums like that one that aren't well known.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:50 pm

I perceive a time when the software is so screwed, that it will be a backslappers club for people who spend all of their waking hours there. They will have 1,000,000 members but only 20 who post anything. Mind you they'll be too busy sucking each other's virtual dicks they won't notice it going down the pan Very Happy
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:02 pm

ROFL

Yeah, the owners don't give a sh!t about anything there. RAAM will tell you that himself. Eventually, the board will be pretty hard to navigate due to inferior board software. Plus, the site times out several times weekly. Yeah, just for a few minutes... but most forums try to rectify that. This one won't. Good case is that search function. That's one of the reasons why i don't cruise the rest of the forum much anymore. Active Topics used to be a godsend before they 'upgraded' the software.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:38 pm

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm

TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:21 pm

TexasBlue wrote:ROFL

Yeah, the owners don't give a sh!t about anything there. RAAM will tell you that himself. Eventually, the board will be pretty hard to navigate due to inferior board software. Plus, the site times out several times weekly. Yeah, just for a few minutes... but most forums try to rectify that. This one won't. Good case is that search function. That's one of the reasons why i don't cruise the rest of the forum much anymore. Active Topics used to be a godsend before they 'upgraded' the software.
I expect better from a moderator. And I did see the other one, think I posted once or twice too.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:40 pm

The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I expect better from a moderator. And I did see the other one, think I posted once or twice too.

Yeah, i was surprised at that response. Talk about writing a book on how to run people off. Geez.

Yeah, i saw your responses later in the thread. It took time to read that one because all posts were good ones.

It took contributors having massive problems before everything we bitched about to come out from the mods themselves. Sad. That's one reason why i started my own place... because i got tired of time-outs on the forum. That sh!t gets old when it's an every week occurrence.

I see that they'll allow a link to personal sites in sigs. Makes me wonder if i should put one for this place in mine. Then Bubbles will have fun moderating then. ROFL

On the other hand, i'll get dumbass remarks from others.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:17 am

TexasBlue wrote:
The_Amber_Spyglass wrote:I expect better from a moderator. And I did see the other one, think I posted once or twice too.

Yeah, i was surprised at that response. Talk about writing a book on how to run people off. Geez.

Yeah, i saw your responses later in the thread. It took time to read that one because all posts were good ones.

It took contributors having massive problems before everything we bitched about to come out from the mods themselves. Sad. That's one reason why i started my own place... because i got tired of time-outs on the forum. That sh!t gets old when it's an every week occurrence.

I see that they'll allow a link to personal sites in sigs. Makes me wonder if i should put one for this place in mine. Then Bubbles will have fun moderating then. ROFL

On the other hand, i'll get dumbass remarks from others.
Yes, that was why I said "this forum likes to pretend there are no others on the internet". Me and the other half also have a forumotion board dedicated to science, philosophy and atheism. I've invited a handful of people but not put it in open forum yet. I might do that soon. We've got 10 members, we're doing ok.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 am

What it is, is that people are too stuck in their ways to come here for the most part. The other part is myself. Some don't like me (and that's ok) and won't come here. But if they did, they'd see that Bubbles is the mod, not me. I intend to let him do his job (unless a situation arose where he wasn't online).

The politics section there is slowly taking a sh!t anyway. The religion section is where all of you and the wing nuts go. I refuse to take part in that. In here, i posted stuff there to get things going and no other reason. I hate blank sections. Very Happy
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:09 pm

I think I also said in that thread "when this place goes to sh!t, you're all welcome to join Tex's forum for politics or mine for science and atheism". ROFL

So I'm plugging for you too. Have you tried asking others to come back? You've got a few registered. Why not post it in open forum or in your signature? Explain that bubblebliss is moderator and that everyone will be welcome. People who you really don't get on with (DAS for example) wouldn't bother but some who have less of a problem would in all likelihood sign up.

Even the religion forum is quiet now. I'm not posting there as often and I think 1oldminer has been warned to stay out of my face.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:19 pm

I saw you plug my forum (thanks).

Yeah, i'm thinking of putting it in there. It might draw a lurker or others that may just want a change. Again, i don't want to suck people away from there. It's almost as if the mindset is that one can't post in two forums.

I'm trying to think of what kind of a sig to put for this place. If you have an idea, let me know.

Even Bubbles said a couple months ago when i started the forum (at the other host) that between Dbl being AWOL and me on my own.... things never seemed the same after that. And was he was right.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 am

Well one of the mods said it was alright to post a link in your signature. I'm just going to go with "Join my atheism, science and philosophy forum:http://the4horsemen.forumotion.com/forum.htm"

Feel free to sign up yourselves. I know you and bubblebliss aren't really interested in those subjects but you'd be welcome over anyway.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 am

Okey dokey. Yeah, religion isn't my cup of tea. Never has been. What's strange about it is that i'm not anti nor pro religion.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Somehow, this whole thread evolved over 2 pages and I never noticed it.

I say go for it an put this forum in your sig, Tex!
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

I'm expecting a backlash with this one Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 pm

BubbleBliss wrote:Somehow, this whole thread evolved over 2 pages and I never noticed it.

I say go for it an put this forum in your sig, Tex!

Uh oh. You better make it like SP and make off topic a rule. ROFL

It's already in my sig over there. It's kinda dumb... but so am i. affraid
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by BubbleBliss Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:21 pm

ROFL
BubbleBliss
BubbleBliss

I'm expecting a backlash with this one Junmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down