Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dangers Of Texting While Walking

3 posters

Go down

The Dangers Of Texting While Walking Empty The Dangers Of Texting While Walking

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Last edited by TexasBlue on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

The Dangers Of Texting While Walking Admin210

Back to top Go down

The Dangers Of Texting While Walking Empty Re: The Dangers Of Texting While Walking

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 pm

And she's thinking of suing!
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

The Dangers Of Texting While Walking Empty Re: The Dangers Of Texting While Walking

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Texting Woman Who Made Splash In Fountain, Online Speaks Out

WFMZ.com
January 20, 2011

WYOMISSING, Pa. -- Her fall at the mall made a splash in both a fountain and on the Internet.

Cathy Cruz Marrero was typing on he cell phone while walking through the Berkshire Mall in Wyomissing, Berks County last Wednesday when she fell into a fountain near the entrance to Boscov's.

The fall was caught on mall security cameras and the video posted on YouTube. It went viral in just a few hours, being viewed millions of times over the last week.

Now, Marrero, 49, is speaking out. The Reading woman, who works for a store at the mall, shared her story with 69 News on Wednesday.

She said the question she posed to her fellow employees is, 'Would you laugh if it was someone you knew?'

"I wanted to roll up and stay home in bed for days, but I held my head and I came to work," said Marrero, who realizes what happened to her last week has now been seen all over the world by millions.

Her family in Puerto Rico even told her about it.

She said when it happened, she was completely embarrassed, but she did laugh to herself the next day.

"I walked out myself and I walked to the store and I'm drenched," said Marrero. "You could see puddles behind me."

Marrero can see the humor, but said when she learned of the video, she asked why mall security was laughing at her instead of helping.

"How unprofessional mall security was as to not send anybody to see how I was," said Marrero. "I could have been really hurt. Sometimes there's no water in that fountain."

Marrero has hired a lawyer. Attorney James Polyak told 69 News he is investigating the possibility of a lawsuit against the responsible parties.

Ed Tennyson, vice president of operations for Allied Properties, the company that owns the Berkshire Mall, said the posting of the surveillance video is still under investigation by the company.

He added that the security guards are not mall employees. They are contracted through a security company.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:48 pm

dblboggie
dblboggie

The Dangers Of Texting While Walking Senmem10

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Did my video not work? I see it here.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Did my video not work? I see it here.

No, it didn't. And when I first tried using the embed code, I could see it on preview, but when I posted, it just showed text, like yours at the top.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Hmmmm. Something strange is going on here. I even went and looked at it on another browser (Opera) and it shows up fine. Gonna check with IE and see........

Shows up fine in IE.

Anyone else??????
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Hmmmm. Something strange is going on here. I even went and looked at it on another browser (Opera) and it shows up fine. Gonna check with IE and see........

Shows up fine in IE.

Anyone else??????

Huh... that's weird... show's up just fine in IE here as well. WTF over?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Might be a Firefox plugin problem.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:47 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Might be a Firefox plugin problem.

Chin Scratch But which plugin?
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:52 pm

No tellin'.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 pm

TexasBlue wrote:No tellin'.

Rats... oh well. I guess I'll just have to live with it for now.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Yeah, I'm not going to worry about it much.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:17 pm

TexasBlue wrote:Yeah, I'm not going to worry about it much.

Nor will I.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Amber_Spyglass Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 am

I can't see it either. Strange, I can see all other embedded videos. I can see the one dbl posted though.
The_Amber_Spyglass
The_Amber_Spyglass

http://sweattearsanddigitalink.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasBlue Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:35 am

I inadvertently used an iframe code instead of the one that is supposed to be used on here. Video is fixed.
TexasBlue
TexasBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by dblboggie Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:06 pm

TexasBlue wrote:I inadvertently used an iframe code instead of the one that is supposed to be used on here. Video is fixed.

Thumbs Up Yes it is.
dblboggie
dblboggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down